summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

re-committing....

In real life, there is no such thing as making up one's mind to live a certain way, then just magically sticking to it. At least not for me. I need to be re-encouaged every so often. Spiritually, and in practical things. Like weight loss and exercise. blah. I haven't exactly gone totally off the deep end, but I did have that box of peanut brittle last week, and a few things here and there I knew I shouldn't have. And I haven't been exercising much, just my one morning walk yesterday....so, this week's Weekly Weigh-In results: gained a half a pound. blah. blah blah blah.

So, I have to rah-rah myself back into some seriousness here. No more slacking off. It IS hot out there, and I couldn't leave on a cooler morning walk because Puppy was awake and no one big was up, and ironically my new walking buddy had to be watched because she isn't big enough for such a walk. But. I need to get moving. And eating better. I did have a nice dinner last night, a burger grilled outside, grilled yellow squash and zuchini with onions and olive oil, watermelon, and a few chocolate chips. The other night I had too much chocolate though...way too much. So I am eating okay, just have to watch the extras.

And move more.

It is nice having Paul on vacation. He took me to the movies on Saturday night, and to Lowe's last night. Charlotte Claire said, "Mom and Dad are dating alot!"

I do feel like a bum sitting here writing on such a fine day though. Paul went to the gym this morning, and now is making eggs. My kids are in various states of vacation: Aaron has the day off and is on his computer, Sam is sitting here on his ipod, Margaret is doing a Sudoko, Sonja just woke up, Jonathan is trying to convince Pup that her crate is a nice place. Some older kids are getting up and ready to go shopping, the princesses are in another world, playing in their room.

I think the puppy has a name....I have voted down: Twelve, Sarge, Trigger, Cutie, Angelina, and Onyx....and settled on Suri. It means "princess". Suri Sparkles. Now, this is not the final answer, but I like it.

We are also most likely expecting kittens from Miss Swanson Kitty. I am not thrilled about this, because I believe in spaying girl kitties...unfortunately I didn't get poor kitty to the vet in time. On the other hand, it WILL be really interesting for the kids to experience. Sonja made a nice little bed for her in her bedroom closet, Kitty feels safe in there. She is such a nice kitty, always purring and snuggling. Well...time to move it...





1 comment:

WicketsMom said...

Awww, Onyx is our black lab pup's name.