summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a happy birthday, weekly-weigh in and other happy things...

Uh-huh, I was down two pounds!! It was a nice start to my birthday yesterday! I took Mali to the eye dr. in the big city...as we sat around in three different waiting rooms, then waited in the exam room, I reminded her that life is what you make it. No, it isn't what I would've chosen to do on my birthday, but I made the most of it and enjoyed my time with Mali. Thankfully the eye dr. believes her vision will come back fully in the injured eye. Phew. We were happy with that news, so we celebrated by going to Target. I found a nice new shirt for myself for $6.38, and two new pairs of jeans for Jon for school for five-something each, plus a jean skirt for $3.88 and a dress for $6.48 for Camille. sniff sniff. We also checked out the new produce section....cherries and grapes and carrots and Greek yogurts...yum! Mali also got a loaf of French bread. We stopped in the Starbucks in the front of the store, and had a nice ride home...I ate my yogurt with a straw as we drove, then sipped my coffee...yes, I would say we made the most of it...

Home to two little girls who wanted to go in the pool with Mommy. Nadda problem, sunny and warm, who wouldn't want to go for a swim? A little lunch first, a visit with Ashley, then into the pool...Ashley and the border collie Baxter joined us for a swim.

A nice lazy afternoon....

Then out to dinner with Paul. We drove up to Lake Ontario and found a nice little pub...we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was! I had an open-face steak sandwich with peppers and onions on chewy crispy yummy flatbread, served with home made tortilla chips with bruchetta. Paul had a salad: walnuts and lettuces, fresh strawberries, and a fillet of salmon. The portions were generous, and very tasty. I also had a Guinness with mine, yum! Paul said they are better in Ireland, so I guess he will just have to take me there. We went on a walk in the park overlooking the harbor, and decided against having ice cream at the place were we watched the sunset.

Evelyn made two ice cream pies yesterday...mint with hot fudge, and chocolate peanutbutter, with cookie crusts...I haven't tried any yet. I will have to have a strategy, like getting some and putting the rest down in the freezer so I don't sneak more. I am my own worst enemy!

Miss Suri Sparkles is doing well. No piles of poop anywhere this morning. She does pee here and there, but less and less. She wakes up with the first one up in the morning, then barks and yips when that one leaves...this morning Sam was first up, he had to leave for work at 6:30. So I was up at 6:15 with a happy puppy. blah, but she is such a little joy!

We take her out every half hour all day long, so she is learning to go to go pee and poop outside.

She knows how to SIT, and she loves her belly rubbed. She loves her friend Baxter. She was a good girl at the vet, she was served treats while she got her shot and didn't even notice it. She weighs a whopping fifteen pounds!

Paul is leaving for two weeks. No fair, right? I am trying to see who here is up for an Adirondack camping trip without Daddy. Sounds a little risky, as he is the woodchopper and the fire maker. If I have enough older kids willing to go, I may just pack up the tents and the marshmallows and go for it! ha, if it were only that easy...

Cindy- yes, Benjamin is in the infantry. He has been going out on patrols like crazy, sleeping in just small increments. He called me first thing yesterday to wish me a Happy Birthday, and I talked to him for every minute I could, leaving only five minutes to get dressed and eat and brush my hair before taking Mali to her appointment. He is really looking forward to coming home for Christmas...I hope it works out. They are supposed to be leaving Afghanistan in November, but we are learning that the Army does what the Army wants, and sometimes Medics are needed, so....we are really really hoping he makes it to New York for Christmas.

Kim- yes, Camille is going to kindergarten. She is four, turning five in November. How in the world she got to be four and a half is beyond me, it happened too quickly, while I wasn't looking.

My coffee is gone...my older kids are all still in bed...Suri is looking for trouble....I want to go back to bed, but the sky is blue and the sun is shining...I love summer.




















































2 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you got to go out on a date w/your husband, that is nice:) I hope Ben gets to come home for Christmas and I'll be praying for him. Oh, and when is your kindergarten cut off date there? Ours is September 1 in Florida, so Camille would go to pre-K here. She seems like she will enjoy going to school like her brothers and sisters. So cute, lol.
~Shel

OurLilFullFam said...

They just did that at our Target too, (starbucks and groceries) Walmart and their crazy customer service might not be seeing so much of me anymore! Plus, Target seems to have more "healthy" things like those freeze dried fruits/veggies and natural yogurt and stuff.

Stephanie