summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

when I don't know what day it is...

I don't consider myself a stupid person. But I don't always know Today's Date. And I almost walked away from the counter in Wegman's today without paying for my coffee. The poor girl had to say, "Excuse me, that will be one eighty-nine!". I turned around and apologized, and she said it was a good thing I was buying coffee. Then she gave me my change, five bucks short...um, I asked her, didn't I give you a ten? Oh, she said, Now I need a coffee!

Anyway, today was a good day because I went out and about with just Charlotte Claire and Camille and their little cousin Danielle, who is just a bit older than Char. We went to Walmart and checked the minivan in to have the oil changed, then looked at the fish, then the toys, then picked out some crackers and some drinks...then to the dollar store, where they could pick out something, one thing...they chose little pastel colored notebooks with matching pens. Then, to the pediatrician for Camille's kindergarten check-up. She did not cry for her four immunizations, but her lip quivered, and her eyes brimmed a bit. She wanted so badly to be big, that it broke my heart! You don't have to hurry the growing up, sweetheart! blah. poor me.

We had to go to the grocery store after that, so I let them pick out some candy in the bulk food section. Charlotte Claire chose wax bottles, so I scooped up nine, three each. Danielle chose candy lipsticks, and Camille wanted cheewy Sprees. I picked out one Ice Cube, a small square of super yummy milk chocolate, but one piece wouldn't register on the scale. I picked out one more piece, and it came to ten cents. And yum.

A quick stop at the hardware store to fill the propane bottle, then home...sweet home, ahh. After dragging in the groceries and putting away the school supplies from Wallyworld, we jumped in the pool, my three little friends and I.

We then watered the garden, and I put dinner on the grill...chicken kabobs...chicken chunks, yellow squash, potatoes with olive oil, green peppers, red onions....Mirielle, Margaret, and I prepared them yesterday and soaked them all night in marinade...oh yum. We had spinach/romaine with strawberries and mandarin oranges with it. Then...I wanted pumpkin pie. So I decided What The Heck...and made a 13x9 pan of it with no crust. The house smelled like Autumn when Suze and I came back from our evening walk.

And one thing's for sure: it's good that the people in this house like pumpkin pie as much as I do, because I didn't get too much of it. And yes, that is a good thing because I cannot not eat pumpkin pie. It is my biggest weakness.

Another thing that's for sure: it takes more than motivation and little pep talks to endure and succeed on this weight loss journey, or should I just call it like it is and say HUGE UNENDING HORRID DIET. Anyway, it takes SUFFERING. Self-denial. Strength to say no. Why, for the millionth time, does my own mind want to sabbotage my efforts? Just this one taste, just a little, blah blah blah....

Anyway....I am alive and kicking, and tomorrow is another day.

And since it is only 11 pm, we are about to watch a "flim", as Mirielle says. I don't even know what it is...but I will probably fall asleep in my chair.

goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing so amazingly with your diet!! I started mine about 8 weeks ago and have lost 14lb so far. I did it for the same reasons you did. High blood pressure :S I still have a good 50lb to go to reach a comfortable goal weight, and I know how hard it is to keep on track, although it IS getting much easier for me. Why is it that it's the foods we love the most that are the worst for us??