summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 25, 2013

day off for all nine of them....

No school today! And not just on a whim, either:) Today is Staff Development Day, which means the teachers are partying and having pizza, I think. We are also partying. The princesses are watching morning cartoons, all snuggled under blankets on the couch. I made them eggs and apple spice toast. I went for my walk, and have had my big cup of coffee (my mother-in-law got me the NICEST cup)

The day stretches before me....I have Kohl's cash, I want to go to Price-Chopper because they have some good sales, and I need to get a box and mail stuff to my granddaughter, Anya. No, I haven't done that yet. And, I have some library books to return.

My older kids are all still sleeping. I woke up early when Paul got up for work. I tried to go back to sleep, I really did. But of course I couldn't. On regular mornings when I have to get up, I would pay like a million bucks to stay in bed.

I find myself wanting to get away with Paul. It has nothing to do with getting away from the kids, and everything to do with getting to spend a little time with just him. I am not talking about Jamaica, although don't get me started thinking about that, just a night or two away....

Next Sunday, we are having a "feast" at church, a fall feast. Our church isn't just a church building, we have dorms there, and campers, and some cabins are being built, because friends from all over come together there for conferences. So next week we are using some dorm rooms, and decorating them in different themes for the kids to come visit and get candy and treats. I am doing a Christmas room. I decided to dress as Mrs. Claus, and talked Paul in to being Santa. I bought Christmas candy from the dollar store, and am trying to get presents together for each of the kids, so they can unwrap something. Christmas music, some lights and decorations....

From our house, one can see trees from all the windows. It is lovely. I think, as I am sitting here listening to the little girls play in their room, and enjoying the bigger girls come out of their rooms, all rested and happy to be home and getting some coffee, this is a good life. Sam is up now too. I am very blessed indeed.

Our dogs like to run around in the leaves. When I whip a pear across the yard, they go bounding after it. They also like to eat the pears, they get sidetracked, especially old Duke. The kitty likes to scamper through the leaves too, she thinks she is one of the dogs. She followed me on my walk this morning, I had to scoop him up and turn around towards home because I was afraid he would get hit by a car.





Suri is NOT supposed to be in Camille's bed. Couches okay, beds no. But this morning while I was drying off from my shower, I heard little girls in my room. I heard them singing songs to dogs. Yup, they were all in my bed.

And now lots of kids are appearing, glad to be home. Plans are being made, too many conversations going on for me to concentrate. My mug has been refilled with nice hot coffee, and I have kids to talk to.....

2 comments:

Martha said...

I think I like your house. :)
The dog in Camille's bed made me smile, Years back Jazz used to sneak up to Ben's room and climb in bed with him. Can't remember why we stopped that practice, but it was probably the dirt.

Our kids had off last Tuesday for that Superintendent's Party thing.
:0)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect morning! And how lovely to have your mug refilled. Those kids are blessed with you!