summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 5, 2013

oh what a morning....

Okay, since it was Friday night last night, we stayed up too late. So the morning of course arrived too early. But THIS fine morn, the power went out at seven a.m. All the fans turned off, the electric smoke alarms added insult to injury by beeping every ten seconds or so just to make sure we were all really awake. The princesses, who are normally difficult to awaken at 7:30 on school mornings, were ready and raring to go, whatever that means. I tried to go back to sleep. Paul got up and let the pups out, got them back in, tried to go back to sleep. ha.

So. No power means no water, no coffee. Good thing Tim Horton's is just a few miles down the road! And, good thing they have one dollar large coffees! And good thing I'm nice. The forty timbitss were gone almost immediately, I did manage to snag two. The donuts....there are still some left, and I am not touching them. I made some scrambled eggs with sausage.

And today, I have to work at the Dome....football game, crowd of 49 thousand expected. ugh.

Yesterday was a good day. I picked my little girls from school yesterday, and Margaret, who didn't want to attend the school pep rally, and off we went to Target and Price Chopper. It's a good time to buy school backpacks and sandals. I bought the girls a sparkly lamp for their room, which they have to wait for Christmas for. I bought two new beach towels, everyone knows it's the season that.

Gramma is heading back to Florida today for the winter. I am hoping to get down there for a visit with one of my girls, perhaps Margaret or Mirielle.

The little girls are Full Of The Devil this morning. Crying at the drop of a pin, or rather at the insult of the other, then the squeezing and pushing, now the squealing and blaming. Oh the joys of a rainy day after not enough sleep....it is going to be a loooong day here.

And I have to pack some lunch for my own long day, at the football game....

(Don't worry, I am not grumpy. I feel grumpy, but I am not going to waste a perfectly good day.....)

No comments: