summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 9, 2017

shh, i'm going to target....

I do love me some Target. I hate it, too, how those numbers mystically multiply to an ouchy total at the register, especially when each and ever item put in the cart is scrutinized, then gone over again before we hit the check-out lines, to determine if it's a Want or a Need. Target is chock full of Wants, but when the Wants are reasonable enough, they become Needs. Also, when one has eleven daughters, they NEED stuff. The boys...not so much.

Today, I have things I want/need...new beach towels. I decided that yesterday when we were at the waterfalls park, and Miss Cam came out of the water and wrapped herself up in this striped towel that had stains all over it. We were dying, laughing, and poor Camille didn't see the big deal. This towel had obviously been used to wipe off muddy dogs, and the muddy spots didn't come off during it's ride in the washing machine. So I decided to just go buy a few new beach towels.

And, I want to get some bins to pack things in for the camp.

And, a few new floaties for playing in the water.

And, some clothes that make me look magically thin and fantastic, ha.

But not really.

I'd rather have an outfit that helped me not get be all tuckered out by 9 p.m.

Anyway. I know I have mentioned that we're getting a new deck. If you could picture a 51 year old woman doing the Happy Dance, that would be me. I love our deck, as it is, but it's getting splintery and the boards need to be replaced...so the kids talked, and decided to pitch in and fix it...and as long as they're at it, they're making it bigger! The deck is my happy place, my favorite place, the place where it seems warm, with the wind blocked by the house, even on spring days when it's not actually warm yet. It's where I grill, where we gather, where we have fires on summer evenings. So YAY!!!!! (It's going to be 12 feet longer, 16 feet wide, so that's a nice bit of extra space, yay!!!)

So I'm planning on staying around this weekend and making sure what all who help put in this deck have good food to eat...the grill can be used in the driveway, too. We have to take everything off that deck, dang it.

And now I have to drive Kathryn to work, so I can have the van to pick Evelyn up from school today, and go to Target, ha.

3 comments:

Kanadiangirl said...

So happy for you that you are getting a new deck AND going on vacay!!!!!

Susan said...

Looking forward to seeing photos of the new, beautiful deck!

Joybells said...

I hope you had good luck at Target! Looking forward to pictures of the new deck!

Joy from Salem