summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 8, 2017

why can't life just be a spring day?


We live close to so many cool places...today we went to a waterfall park with Mirielle...and Sam, and the three youngest...


Charlotte Claire, Jonathan, and Camille.




Notice my new three dollar sunglasses...I broke my own rule, which is the One Dollar Sunglasses Rule. These were marked down at Walmart, regularly 19 bucks. I don't care what they look like, I usually buy the first pair I put on, which is also one of my rules, I just go by comfort.

Anyway. The sun shone today, and we walked. Mirielle took the three youngest on the four mile trail, but Samuel and I took the easier way, avoided all the steps, and just walked around the park. I logged 2.7 miles, not too bad.

When the hiking and walking were all over, and dips in the water at the foot of the falls were completed, it was time to eat. Imagine our surprise when we realized that not a one of us had carried that cooler down and put it into the van...we had the bag of food, pretzels and popcorn, a few cookies and fruit roll-ups. I don't eat those things, usually, but I did eat some popcorn. The kids were really hungry, but we resisted going to fast food or Mexican or getting ice cream. We did stop at the grocery store for hamburger buns, strawberries, those cute little oranges, and some ice cream sandwiches and fudgsicles.

I grilled 19 burgers tonight, sliced up the pickles and tomatoes, and put out stuff for salad. Summer dinners, ahhh.

School is almost over, the next week will be busy driving the three school girls to Regents exams, year end tests.

Summer, I love summer. I look forward to barefeet and grilling and swimming and staying up late.

Then there is this: we are getting a new deck! We have lived here for 25 years, and our deck is getting rather splintery. The new one will be bigger, and the steps not as dangerous. When it's done, we will have a big cook out. :)

No comments: