summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 5, 2017

the sun did not shine, it was too wet to play....


so we sat in the house all that cold cold wet day...(Dr. Seuss)...

We didn't really sit in the house all day, between rain showers it cleared up and was downright sunny. Then the clouds rolled in, and it poured! The house got dark and cozy, and we put on another pot of coffee. The girls got home from school, and made macaroni and cheese for after-school-snack. I had leftover meatballs and spaghetti squash (I LOVE spaghetti squash! It's so easy to make, too, I just cut the thing in half, scoop out the guts, then microwave the two halves until tender...pull it all out of the two halves with a fork, and voila! It's better than pasta!)

We might go to the library later, but maybe not. It's been a wonderful day to stay home...we had bacon and eggs for breakfast, Miss Charlotte Claire likes chopping onions and peppers and making the yummiest scrambles.

Tomorrow...dentist, gymnastics, pick up rental car, and do shopping for kids church Talent Show, I am doing the food...homemade pizzas, nachos, corn dogs, popcorn, and cotton candy courtesy of Kim.

I have to go pick Kathryn up from work soon, and make dinner, switch laundry...

No comments: