summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 13, 2018

happy mother's day to all the mamas...

Of course when I start seeing the merchandise come out for this Hallmark holiday, I think of my own late mother. And ha, it's hard to think of her as "late", because she was anything but late, back when she still walked this earth. She would be standing there at her front door with her big black "pocketbook", as she called it, slung over her arm, waiting for me when I arrived to pick her up for a shopping trip. I miss her more as the years go by, and I see and experience things that I can no longer share with her. When I see those ads that say, "Give Mom blah blah!", I don't think of myself as the mom in relationship to my kids, I just think of my own mom.

Paul brought me some beautiful flowers, and Aaron sent me a card with a Starbucks gift card:)

Today, we are going on a small road trip up to Canada for a wedding...Emily, Kathryn, Sonja, Char, and Camille. Evelyn can't go because she is sick, Paul has to work (big surprise there). I want to leave early-ish so we can stop and have lunch somewhere, it IS Mother's Day, and I will have five of my girls with me.

The traveling bug is itching me again. I am thinking to go visit my boys out west. I just looked up ticket prices to Oregon...:) I just have to get Emily convinced to go with me...

Margaret and Adrian came over last night with little baby Wulf. He is smiling now! Great big huge smiles, and he is doing that cooing-talking thing, where he tries to tell Grandma all his stories! I love him.

Baby Grant needs to come visit me soon, or I need to take a little trip down to Virginia...so many people to visit, so little time..and money.

Anyway, I need to get moving here. Happy Mother's Day, hug your mom while you still can.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you enjoy it:)