summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 12, 2018

a quiet moment to blog...finally!!!!

Today started with a morning walk. I brought Sunny with me, and she didn't want to walk up the evil hill,she insisted we turn around, poor me, ha. Then Anne came over, starting the morning with a good cry because she didn't want to say goodbye to her daddy. Harrumph, Anne, you love it here, don't do that to me! She was fine-0 as soon as he left, of course. She can talk now, little Miss Anne, so she can randomly think of smart things to say, for example, "I want a cookie. Cookie! Cookie!" She also found an orange Starburst this morning, which she brought to me to open for her. She gave it to me so trustingly, rubbing her hands together, clapping, so yeah, I opened it and gave it to her. She walked around licking it, making a sticky little mess, but oh well.

We made muffins today. 40-something pumpkin muffins, a few dozen blueberry muffins, and some keto-ish pumpkin almond bread (made with almond flour, milled flax seed, eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin and lots of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spices, about 4 tablespoons of honey, and a few teaspoons of stevia).





The girls took turns helping, Jon too, and playing with Anne, and doing school work. Jonathan made bacon and eggs, and I sat down and had breakfast at 1:00. :) Then Anne went in for a nap, it was painting time! Charlotte and Camille are moving into the room Joseph left. They spackled and sanded, wiped down the walls themselves, but I helped them do the first coat of paint today. Samuel called from Virginia, we put him on speaker phone so he could talk to us while we painted.

Anne went home, we finished up the first coat, and then I did some housework around here...then washed my tangly hair, and...Paul and I went to the movies.

We saw the Grosnell movie, Trial of American's Biggest Serial Killer. It was sad, it was enlightening, it WAS NOT sensationalist, or gory. It was shocking, because IT REALLY HAPPENED.

If you are squeamish, or queasy-stomached, skip over the next paragraph. I am writing this because I think people should know this goes on, and this is not about abortion. This is about murder.

Kermit Grosnell is crazy. He performed abortions for over 30 years. His clinic was a sloppy dump, filthy, with cats roaming around, and bags of medicial waste everywhere. Well. That medical waste was...babies. He had 47 fully formed infants, he had jars of infant feet. He did hundreds and thousands of late term abortions, with the babies being born alive, and him doing those babies in, with scissors, the back of the neck. He trained helpers, with no medical backgrounds, to administer anesthesia, to give medicine and i.v.'s, and perform procedures. One of the girls who worked there took a photo of one of the babies, guessed to be 32 weeks gestation, who was born alive then murdered. She took the pic because she thought that baby should have something to be remembered by.

In the movie, one of the witnesses was a woman, a doctor, who performed abortions in a more respectable clinic, and the procedures there are barbaric too.

But the bottom line was this: Dr. Grosnell got away with murder for years and years (One of his patients died there too), because the government is afraid to meddle with abortion clinics, afraid to be associated with not supporting the Pro Choicers. The health department didn't look into the several allegations of misconduct, ect., for SEVENTEEN YEARS. Even nail salons have yearly inspections!

Anyway. It was disgusting and sad, but it's shocking that we live in a society that believes that a woman has a right to choose such a thing. No matter how small, a baby is a baby. I lost a baby many years ago, my third child, after Emily and Abigail, at 12 weeks. It was born at home, and it was teeny and tiny and perfect and miniature. I would have done ANYTHING to magically give life back to this tiny helpless baby, and it's is just beyond me that someone would CHOOSE to inject the heart of an innocent infant with saline solution. (that baby was "born", lost, on 11/18, and the next year I was due on that very date, but Benjamin was born early, on 11/11.)

I also lost baby Robert at 7 months. I won't even get in to that heartache.

Anyway.

It's been a busy day.

And I am sorry if I offended anyone with my pro-life stance, and this isn't political, it's just simple human compassion for small helpless babies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That movie sounds horrendous, I agree with you anyway and was not offended.


Erika

Lisa said...

No offense taken here....except maybe at the offensive human beings that can do this kind of work day after day with no thought to the consequences of their "jobs". I just want to cry. I don't think I'd be able to watch the movie....my heart just breaks over these situations. It's simply not right, no matter what God you choose to believe in.

terre said...

you just keep on sharing your heart, della! i too know the loss of a pregnancy and it about broke my heart. and i also gave birth almost a year to the day of the original due date of my lost baby. we cope however we can. i am not sure this is a movie i will see, having just heard of it today for the first time. i tend to prefer lighter fare but i appreciate your thoughts on it and on supporting the cause of life for all.
terre

Unknown said...

I agree! I read the book....it was awful, too.