summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 26, 2018

my perfect life...


A trip to the grocery store yesterday, because we had no small children to care for.

Did my girls love it?

Look at Camille rolling those eyes...Danielle was okay, Char...hmm...and Kathryn, spending some time with us between working two jobs.



So we were out of some essentials, so we needed a store trip. My kids generally don't love grocery shopping, so they sigh a bit, but I try to get them engaged in helping, so it's not too bad.

Home...time to make dinner. I rolled out pizza dough, had Camille and Danielle top them while I made the chicken...cut up chicken breast that was marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, and Tuscan garlic. I fried it up in olive oil, and added barbecue sauce to some, and sauteed it in it, then hot sauce and butter in the other....it was so good...then, I couldn't sit and put my feet up because I had promised Evelyn a trip to the thrift store, and two days in a row put her off. So...off we went.

Thrift store, dollar store, and ha, grocery store again, different one, because we had to pick Kathryn up from work and had a little bit of time to spend.

Home again, after 9:00. phew.

And this fine morning, we are going to get pumpkins! Lydia is here!

And tonight, the pool! Abigail and Margaret and little Wulf, and Ashley with Anya and Elise, a few other kids, Camille...(the older girls are going to volleyball practice)

And yes, I did my little work-out again, day four!

1 comment:

Carol said...

What a wonderful life! My grand doll does not like trips to the grocery store either.