summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

time flies when you're having fun...

(Or as Kermit The Frog said, "Time's fun when you're having flies.")

Jonathan thinks he is so funny. It would be Sunny's dream come true if she could get up there by herself. She already surfs those counters, she was on her hind legs grabbing a slice of pizza the other day, I saw her and yelled to Drop It, and lo and behold, she did. I told her NO, BAD, and she wagged and wagged and wanted more affection than she ever wants, I honestly think she wanted to be back in good graces.

The dogs are snoring, the kids are sleeping (Where did our excellent homeschooling schedule go? They were all up being silly at almost midnight!) Anne will be here in a few minutes, then Lydia will come over later, to spend the night again. :)

I have sold a few things on eBay lately, trying to save for a trip to Norway next summer. By the time you pay their steep 10% fee, and shipping, it's hard to make a profit, but it adds up.

Today is going to be cool and crisp, and I am thinking another trip to the apple orchard, seeing that I used up most of the apples in those pies.

Paul says it's easy to paint a foyer ceiling, and he'll do it. He also agreed to take down the old brass chandelier, so I can clean it and paint it. No problem, he says. It'll be easier to paint the ceiling with it down. So who stayed up 'til midnight looking at DIY ideas for painting chandeliers? mmm hmmm. I don't know if I'll spray paint it black, bronze, or just chalk paint it white for an old look. I have chalk painted metal mirror frames, and love the look. Antique-y, country-ish, fresh. I can't wait to get started. Also, I told Paul I am going to start the kitchen floor without him, he is so busy, and I can smash tiles and put down a new floor, right?

Okay, time to wake the sleepyheads, and get some school going this fine chilly morning...

3 comments:

Joni said...

I’m curious what type items you have been selling on eBay! I also got into it about 6 months ago. I have sold a variety of items - from garage door opener remotes to clothes to vintage decorative items and dishes (recently my most fun item was a set of 4 antique cups and saucers - bought for $6 and sold (auctioned) for $260! But my typical profit is more like $3 - $15 per item.) I enjoy it! I used to never go into Goodwill, now I go at least weekly.

16 blessings'mom said...

Well, not enough items. It's kind of a pain to ship things, but I sell things I get for a good deal, for example a child's airplane safety belt that I paid ten for, sold for 50, plus buyer paid shipping. Then there are selling fees, and the time it takes to wrap and ship...it's not ideal, but I figure it adds up. Bigger things I sell on facebook marketplace or craigslist. But WOW on the cups and saucers!!!! Excellent!

Joni said...

Oh, you did great on the airplane seatbelt tho! I don’t mind the wrapping, and have leaned lots in 6 months- about wrapping, which things might pay to put ‘free’ postage on, etc. I buy and print postage at home, so post office drop-off is quick. Not handy if post office isn’t close ... mine is 5 miles. I probably average $75 profit per week. Yeah, not much, but it helps a bit and I enjoy it!