summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

tuesday no-news day...


So, random stuff this morning, this is the cookie jar Suze made in art class.

And, here's something: having two Labrador Retrievers playing with one tennis ball is not real quiet-like.



But thankfully they tire easily...


We have the first coat of paint done in Jon's new room, still haven't gotten the flooring. Anne was here yesterday, and oh my dear cuteness...she LOVES coloring with markers. We have lots of washable ones, thankfully. She also likes jumping on the couch, which apparently she's not allowed to do at home...ooops.

Lydia is here now, and there are toys decorating the living room again.

I have sixteen kids, some with spouses, and five grandchildren. I love them all, so much, but my issue lately is that I FEEL for them too much! It weighs me down. You can call it love, or concern, or compassion, or care, but it seems to be laced with anxiety, and it's heavy. So I've been thinking about this, and here's the thing: way back when, Paul and I decided that God knew what was best for us, and we accepted the children from Him with thankfulness. God knows what's best. All my worrying and fretting and being concerned can't add a cubit to my life. I have to let go, and let them make their own decisions...

I've never been able to bear seeing someone suffer. But it's through sufferings that we gain the best things, and it's good I'm not in charge, because people need sufferings, right? So I need to just come to rest about that, and pray for my kids and my friends, and let God do what He needs to do.

Let it go, what a good song, huh?






3 comments:

Michelle in Florida said...

I hear ya. It is so hard carrying the weight of worrying about our children...and I think I worry even more about my adult children than the younger ones.

Rose Sperlonga said...

I FEEL for them too much! It weighs me down. You can call it love, or concern, or compassion, or care, but it seems to be laced with anxiety, and it's heavy. So I've been thinking about this, and here's the thing: way back when, Paul and I decided that God knew what was best for us, and we accepted the children from Him with thankfulness. God knows what's best. All my worrying and fretting and being concerned can't add a cubit to my life. I have to let go, and let them make their own decisions...!!

This, right here! You wrote what I'm going through lately. I'm so lonely in my thoughts and concerns. I have 2 kids. Both grown. One 31 yr old with 2 kids... love them. He and his X are just that, split. My daughter won't marry as she has Asperger's and is very content in her life being just her.
But my son... I worry and worry and he doesn't seem to care that I worry. And if I say one thing maybe off to the left thinking I may be helping or gently nudging to the right, I see the "look" of mom.... stop. So, I just had a long talk with my mom about it, I had to let it go. She told me that I am not the grand kids mother.. they have a mother. They have a father . I can make sure when I Have them they are warm and clean and fed and happy.. and safe. That is it! My son... let him be she said... he'll be back when he sees how tough it is out there....

So I'm going to Let Go Let God.... I have to before I pop of anxiety ! !

Sometimes I just want to run away.... where is that Long Island Iced tea?

Rose :) Thanks for your post today. :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Michelle, remember when they were little and people said to just wait 'til they were teenagers? They were wrong. They should have warned us to just wait 'til they're all grown up and on their own. It's true, parenting little ones seemed so challenging, but oh how simple it really was in comparison!

Rose, Long Island Iced tea, oh now that sounds good! Your mama is a wise woman. It's heart-wrenching when there are grandchildren involved in the worries too. My little Lydia has a daddy who isn't with my daughter anymore, and I refuse to say anything bad about him, but things aren't ideal. Lydia is 3, and very impressionable and fragile, so delicate and sensitive, and I want to wrap her up and keep her close to me and protect her from everything and everyone. But I can't. So I pray, and I'm good to here when she's here, although I must say that my daughter IS a good mommy. Anyway, yes, let it go. Read some proverbs, pray, and there's an excellent site called Active Christianity, some really good articles there. Stress raises inflammation levels, which elevate risks for so many bad things, to be scientific, ha. So you and me, we will both let it go. Let me know how it goes!

Della