summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

boo!


Sunshine, we actually had a nice sunny day yesterday!

Here's my zulily dress...I felt nicer in it than I looked, if that makes sense. You know, you get it on, and feel comfy, it covers a lot, then Kathryn takes a pic for you, and wow, I don't look like I thought I did, but then, who cares? I like the dress. It has pockets!



It was a lovely day though.


Sunny is a very nosy dog. Paul and Jon were getting started on laying that floor last night, it's never as easy as you think it's going to be. Lydia was helping too. Jon is hilarious, he gave her the tape measure and asked her to help, she measures everything.


Okay, this is a LOT of Norwegian chocolate. It's like a dream come true, right? Or a nightmare for a girl who is REALLY trying not to eat sugar, but anyway. Yesterday I was rummaging through a laundry basket in my room for my fave leggings, and hmm, what's in this bag? Are you serious right now? I thought it was from Ben, but it isn't. He didn't pass out the chocolate he just bought, and I only asked him for two bars. This is TONS. I put it on the family chat, and no one claimed it. How could I have that big of a brain fart? How could anyone forget this quantity of Norwegian chocolate? I just don't know, but I'll tell you this: the kids were doing happy dances. Yes, we cracked in to it. The hazelnut, and the milk chocolate, and the Kit-Kats, Norwegian Kit Kat (Kvikk Lunsj), heavenly. So yeah, I fell off the no sugar wagon, with a loud thump.

The scale frowned this morning, a whole pound. It's not fair because I didn't eat a whole pound of chocolate, but such is my life.

Now the rest of it is being saved for Thanksgiving. I have to hide it from myself again and forget where I hid it.

Just for the record, this sort of thing happens to people like me a lot. I'm always finding things that I hid so well, or didn't know where to put, and it's no fun when you KNOW you have something and have to look twenty places. The organizing gift just passed me by, I tell you.

Anyway, today is Halloween, and rain is forecast here in central New York state. I don't mind, and Charlotte Claire and Camille will be okay to be in the rain, but I feel bad for Lydia, and Elise and Anya. We do have a plan, Kathryn and Suzanne are going to be with Char and Cam, so they can go on ahead, while I plod with Ben and Ashley, their two little girls, and Mali and Lydia. (Mali worked yesterday and got today off, extra surprise!)

My girls won't trick or treat for too long, they are going to a Halloween party, Evelyn has been decorating for it, and buying treats. The kids are growing up, getting to old to go out trick-or-treating.

Jonathan is going with some of his friends, they are really good respectful kids. I told them to make sure they were polite and not too silly, as people see teenage boys these days and think TROUBLE.

Anyway...Anne will be here any minute now...







3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Della.....I think your dress is adorable and looks lovely on you. The colour really suits you. I might have to check that website out. Ooooooooo........all those chocolates!! Who could resist a few nibbles of those. I bought the treats for Halloween and they all have wheat in them so I can eat them. How’s that for fast thinking? If I’m going to eat chocolate it’s going to be the real good stuff, not the Halloween stuff. As for laying the new floor.....nothing is as easy as it seems, is it? But I believe once you get going on it it gets better. Have a fun day with the little kidies 🧟‍♀️🧛‍♂️🧟‍♂️🎃🎃🎃

Marilyn from Canada

Anonymous said...

Lovely dress and you do look nice in it!

Simone

Tereza said...

Your dress look so comfy and good on you! I only had one trick or treating this year so we went with friends to make it less lonely . A couple more years and no one here will be trick or treating ... well unless grand kids