summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 29, 2018

monday morning musings...


Baby Wulf!



Oh how Gramma loves the babies!

Today, Miss Lydia will be coming over for the afternoon, and Anne will be here soon. Charlotte Claire has been doing school, reading about Cuba and Honduras, and some spelling. Kathryn has been to the gym and back, and will leave for work soon.

I just made two healthy mug cakes, for Kathryn and me. I topped them with microwaved frozen raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and they are tolerable, ha. They don't taste just like a cinnamon coffee cake, but they're healthy and better than just eating eggs for brekky.

Today I need to resume my little work-outs, I didn't exercise on the weekend. But I DID eat well, and the scale is smiling at me, a few pounds down. I generally eat healthy anyway, but since I decided to get really serious so as to get some new results, I've realized the importance of NOT tasting the cookie dough. I did have one Hershey Kiss last night, and the night before, one bit of chocolate with hazelnuts, but extreme moderation is key. Moderation is NOT my middle name.

Our new roof is mostly installed, it's very blue. The rain pitters loudly, which I love, and the snow will hopefully just fall gracefully from it, instead of heaping up like on the old one.

It's chilly and dark today, gloomy and damp, just how I like it when I don't have to be out in it. Halloween is approaching, and it's supposed to rain, blah.

Boring details, but some fun things too:

Our tires arrived at Walmart, finally, but we are picking them and having them installed at a local shop, since Walmart automotive is woefully understaffed and they will not make appointments. Now this was Paul's idea, because he thought it would be terrible for me to be stranded for hours at Walmart, waiting for those tires to be put on...well. It would be terrible, but in a wow-I-found-way-too-much-good-stuff sort of way. But anyway, I may just have my van back tomorrow.

Fun thing: I am going bye-bye away for the weekend next week! To Virginia to visit Samuel and Grace, and snuggle my little grandson Grant! Evelyn, Suzanne, Camille and I, and maybe (hopefully!) Margaret and little Wulf. A three day weekend! And remember all those trips to Singapore Paul went on? Well, he did get hotel reward points! So we get to stay in a Marriott for free, three nights. mm hmm, a pool and a hot tub!!!

Let's see...our flooring project for the bedrooms is stalled, the roof took precedence.

Our house doesn't clean itself, and Monday mornings are the worst.

Benjamin is coming home from a weekend in Norway tonight, and he's bringing me two Norwegian chocolate bars. I'll bring one to Sam and Grace, and crack the other open when there are lots of kids around, so I can't eat the whole thing. European chocolate, so smooth and utterly delicious...

Anyway...off I go to reserve the hotel room! :)

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I got some of that Norwegian chocolate here too. Super yummy and I don’t like sharing :):)