summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

some morning mom-guilt...


Sonja, a senior in high school, Miss Charlotte Claire and Miss Camille Anaya, 8th and 7th grades.

Now, when you send your kindergartener off to school on the first day, you might worry that you didn't prepare her properly. Does she know how to open her own cheese stick? Will she have to use the bathroom while the teacher is talking? What if the other kids don't like her?

Now imagine sending a few girls who haven't had a first day of school since 1st and 2nd grade! Are they behind? Will they figure out their schedule? Can they get their lockers open? Do they realize that they have to actually HURRY to get from one class to the next? Will they make friends, or be the "weird homeschooled kids"? Did they bring anything in case it's that time of the month? Did I TEACH THEM ENOUGH?!!!

My heart. My soul. I know, Drama Queen here, but ouchie. I'm going to miss them, too.

Jonathan is still homeschooling, he will finish up high school at home, then go to college. He is very determined and motivated, and hard working.

And today, little Miss Anne is coming over! My little friend, she's almost three now! :)

So I won't be alone, and I won't be bored.

Kathryn and Darius are still in town, they leave tomorrow to fly back to Oregon, wah. This afternoon, however, I will be buying my plane ticket for December. I want to figure it just right to be there for the birth of their baby, their first little baby! He is due on December 2, and I don't want to miss Thanksgiving, nor fly on Black Friday, and that whole weekend is super pricey. Also it gets pricey in December because of Christmas traveling. And I can't stay a month, ha, so I have to chance it that the baby won't be too overdue, or born early.

The house got quiet after Samuel and little grandson Grant left. It seemed so empty without the chatter and pitter-patter. And Sam, he's always good company.

This weekend, yay, I am going on a teeny tiny wine tour with Emily, Abigail, Mirielle, and our friend Anna. I have volunteered to drive. I don't mind. It's fantastic to get out and about with these girls, and to visit the wineries, oh the views! I can have a glass of wine later when we get to our airbnb, we are spending Saturday night, so it's really a nice little getaway.



3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della.........your house will be so quiet! It’s good you will have little Anne. What fun to be going on a little adventure. Visiting wineries is so much fun and some of them are beautiful. The Okanagan Valley in B.C. is very beautiful too. Many have lovely restaurants and cafe’s. My daughter and I visited quite a few and ate at 3 different places. We had supper at one called BURROWING OWL ESTATE WINERY. Google it......so beautiful and we sat out on the verandah overlooking the whole valley. Heavenly!! I bet your 2 little girls were excited this morning. Off to the big school on the bus! Have a great day with your girl......

Marilyn from Canada

AnAmericanHousewife said...



How did the girls do on their first day of school!? :)

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, I will look that up. One of our favorites is called The Thirsty Owl on Cayuga Lake. And yes, the girls were excited, yet nervous. They did okay on their first day...