summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

a campfire solves everything...


Abigail and me.

The kids have been suggesting and talking about having a fire on the deck, for weeks now. Here in New York state, the weather is taking it's sweet time warming up. We'll have one dry day with a bit of sunshine, followed by rain and sometimes snow. This week, snow is flying around, mixing with the rain, with chilly dark cozy wind. But last night, it was clear, and chilly, and we finally had our fire.

The kids had s'mores, and marshmallows. We covered up with blankets and solved the world's problems.



So today is cold and dark, and life goes on. Abigail is at work, she is an accountant at a food distributor, so therefore essential. Evelyn is also at work, she works at a construction place that installs and maintains furnaces, etc., doing the paperwork, receptionist, ect. Paul is working from home, the other kids homeschooling. We have to bring our truck in to be fixed, the brakes are gone. The dryer stopped working, too. Go buy a new one? Not a chance. Paul takes things apart and orders parts. Who knows how long it will take to get a new part. I washed some clothes yesterday, thinking to hang them out, but forgot, so they're just hanging in the laundry room.

It's snowing out like crazy right now, seriously. Windy, with thunder, a bit of hail, and now snow.



Ah well...things to do. We've organized the drawers, but there are still some messy cupboards we can go through and fix up...

6 comments:

Linda M. Conley said...

Its been raining here (on and off) but the wind, yikes.

About your comment on my blog; my son and I both have asthma and we both carry inhalers. Neither one of us can really wear the masks. I had this panic attack yesterday at Walmart--I just can't do it...I just can't obey this Executive Order---it feels like I am suffocating. I riled off an email to Walmart & to the Sheriffs Dept. seeking clarification. Not that it matters, they could careless.

ANYWAYS--Always enjoy your posts, smiles. Stay safe.

Marilyn said...

I’m sorry you are having awful weather ☹️But your campfire looks like fun!! We are having some lovely warm days for a change and yesterday it was above 20c, Hot........I just LOVE it I have to say. After the awful winter we deserve some nice spring weather. My husband got some groceries early this morning......7.30. We were running low on a few things.....like ice cream and chocolates!! Oh no!! So off he went. Last night we had no ice cream to have after supper. I like just a scoop occasionally and last night there was none........!! I hope your dryer is fixed soon............the washer and dryer are the two things I couldn’t live without. It is awful if something happens to them, isn’t it? Well you have a good day Della. Keep warm!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, I can't even imagine. The first time I wore mine, I was alone in the store, and I kept feeling like I was fighting a panic attack. I don't have asthma, and my homemade mask is only two layers of fabric, but it feels claustrophobic. ugh.

Marilyn, the campfire WAS fun. The days are going by too fast, stuck in the house or not. And ice cream, um, M'am, is that essential? It is, isn't it?!! Yes, the washer and dryer are worth their weight in gold. You have a good day too!

Billie Jo said...

Cold and windy here right beneath you in Pennsylvania!
Love your fire idea.
We should do the same.
Hugs!

Valerie said...

My dryer broke this week too! We did buy one online at Home Depot for $400. Money well spent, IMHO. We have a box fan that we kept blowing on the clothes all week, it worked pretty well. The new one got delivered today. There was no pick up option or my husband would have gotten it sooner. Hope you are having a good day!

16 blessings'mom said...

Billie Jo, snow here tonight! More snow tomorrow! 28 degrees! blah!
Valerie, yay for a new one! The fan idea is a good one...