summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 10, 2020

winter is visiting!!!!



Yes, it's snowing, and snowing, and snowing.

I'm not sure if we'll go out for drive-through free donut day. The kids say they shouldn't eat donuts every week (what?! they're growing up, aren't they?). I don't eat donuts anymore, although I admire them, and love the smell, the aroma. If you know me, you'll realize quickly that I'll never get over my fondness for baked goods. Bread, muffins, bagels, cookies, cinnamon raisin toast, love it all. I don't eat it anymore, because "a little" might well open the gate, and well, let's just not.

Can you believe it's been a whole week since donut Friday? I can't. Time isn't dragging through this quarantine for me. We keep busy enough.

I'm looking forward to filling Easter baskets! It's one of my favorite things. This year, I'll be dropping some off at some friends' places, too...can't wait.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! We had a sprinkle of snow last night, but the sun is shining now and it’s +2C and going up to 7! It was+10C on Wednesday. But we can’t do much about the weather. I baked some banana muffins the other day.....I don’t dare bake too much because it’s too tempting, isn’t it? You are so good. Fortunately......or unfortunately too.......I can’t eat gluten, so I haven’t eaten a doughnut for years or hot cross buns 😢 They smell so good. I have been reading a lot.......too much sitting.......so I took myself for a looooooooong walk yesterday. Today we are taking the dogs and meeting up with some other dog people...........distancing of course......but all the dogs can play!! You take care and have a good day 👋👋

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Snow here too!!!!!
I'll take one more weekend of cozy.
Have a cozy day with your dear family, my friend. : )

Linda M. Conley said...

Winter here too, well, it has melted most of it anyways. It is bitter cold and very windy too. I hope you have a beautiful Easter, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Here in the Netherlands we have 22 Celsius. Early summer.
Thanks for your blog.