summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 20, 2020

law abidin' citizens...


Evelyn needed oil for her car, and a new wiper blade. So we left bright and early this fine morning, and went into Wegmans, too. Bananas, burger, milk, half and half, some ginger seltzer, you know, the non-essential essentials.

She stopped at the auto store, then to Wallyworld we went. The heavy whipping cream there is half the price it is in Wegmans. We followed the little arrows on the floor, which wouldn't be necessary if people used their brains, but even WITH the arrows, um...we were walking down the aisle, following the green direction arrows, and a lady turned into the aisle, going the wrong way, passing within a foot of me, so I said, "You're going the wrong way." I said it quietly, and kindly, and it was still way beyond my personal comfort zone. She, bless her soul, replied, "Oh, sorry, you're right!" I was glad I said it, with no hard feelings, instead of harrumph-ing and thinking bad thought about her. It's just a new way of thinking, I guess, this social distancing.

The masks don't really help, in my humble opinion, they possibly make things worse, because everyone touches them, adjusts them, feels more confident wearing them, when it seems that keeping a distance from each other would help more, but what do I know?

I just wear them because we're supposed to. As one of our dear friends once said, "I'm sitting down because I'm supposed to, but I'm standing up inside!"


No, I didn't buy it.


What?! Clearance Easter candy is essential!

I cannot believe how much candy there still is in Walmart. It's usually decimated, this long after. It was 75% off. So we have some put away.

It's a lovely day in the neighborhood, sunny and cold, but it'll hit 50 this afternoon. We'll shiver, but oh the sun...!

5 comments:

Linda M. Conley said...

So, I had to go pick up my prescription at Wallyworld earlier this morning. The Steuben County Sheriff Deputy is now in front of the entrance. NOW, my son just got home from riding his bike and was stopped for not wearing a mask. This getting very dangerous. Oh, and I pleadeth the 5th for buying candy, LOL. (because I was harrassed by the deputy earlier, I deserved a treat)

16 blessings'mom said...

Let the criminals out of prison, and harass the perfectly nice law abiding citizens, the world is indeed upside down. My own personal criminal history includes being pulled over exactly once while driving. There is no law against non-essentials here in NY yet, thankfully, hopefully it won't get that bad. But how dare you get a prescription!

Valerie said...

My husband found some great Easter clearance at Walmart. Is that what you mean by Wallyworld? Or is that a NY thing?

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, Wallyworld is Walmart. They had SO MUCH candy! Too much!

Valerie said...

Ok! Now things make more sense!😋