summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 23, 2020

a thankless job...but thank you!


Molly gave me permission to use this pic of her. She has had some busy days, working on a Covid floor. Just the though of wearing all of that gear make claustrophobic. I would have a panic attack for sure.

As a mom of four nurses, one now an NP, but still, she was in the ICU for ten years...I know a a few stories. Stories about no lunch breaks, over worked and under staffed, sad stories, stories of harassment, disrespect, and exhaustion. I've always been proud of my nurse kids, but now more than ever. They would absolutely KILL me if I put those hero signs in their yards, but this is MY blog, so I can praise them here if I want to, ha.

We went for a nice cold evening walk, Abigail and me. We're looking forward to some nicer weather, on Saturday. But tomorrow, I am actually going on a road trip, but shh, don't tell anyone...I'll take lots of pics.

3 comments:

Linda M. Conley said...

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Squealing....ohh do tell! smiles

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋 I’ve got a picture like that of my girl too. We can’t even recognize them in all that stuff. My daughter said they all have rashes on their faces from sweating in all that gear 😢 She does 12 hour shifts, so that’s a long time to have all of that on. She has some stories too...........some happy, some sad, and then other things too..........Im very proud of her for sure. Beautiful sun here today....my hubby is sitting on the front porch and said it’s hot!! I’m making some soup and will go out soon. I just LOVE these sunny days 🌞🌞Safe driving......

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

I have wondered lately how your nurses are doing, and how you are coping with knowing that they may be exposed to this virus. It is true, those in the health care field are absolutely the heros during this time. I've spent plenty of time at hospitals when my ailing parents were alive, and I witnessed first hand how hard they work for not enough pay. I wish them and all of your family the best.

Laurie in California