summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday funday bread day spaget day.....


Baking bread...





Homemade meatballs and sauce, spaghetti squash for me, pasta for the kids. I did have some bread though, oh heavenly yum, it was good.


Paul...he's still so cute. He and I stopped over at Ben and Ashley's for a little outside "distance" visiting yesterday.


Jonny, I made him a mask. I was glad to find this fabric, a little better than the pretty ones I made the girls and I.

We're going to make popcorn soon, and watch a movie. It's chilly and rainy, but we woke up to sunshine this fine morning, so we sat out on the deck, fifty degrees or not. It was lovely. Tomorrow, it's going to clear off and be rather nice again, 52 and sunny. We'll take it!

I woke up this morning, thankful for my comfy bed, and thankful for our house. I've been thinking about the 24 Hour No Complaints Challenge, I saw it on Twitter. Who me, complain? Well, guess what, I have had my eyes opened to how many times I open my mouth to grump about things, about how someone put the can opener in the wrong drawer, didn't hang up the towel properly, let the dogs in without wiping their paws thoroughly, used the last paper towel, left a seltzer can on the counter, a blanket on the couch, a trail of coffee somewhere. Yes, I'm the mom, yes, I need to parent and to correct, teach, encourage, but most of these things come from irritation, plain and simple.

This "down time" we have these days of being sequestered from society! For me personally, it's not less busy, far from it! The days are noisy and busy, making meals more work, there are more dishes, more messes, but oh dear, I love it. I do not like the REASON we are shut in, of course. The suffering of the sick, the worry people are subject to, the economic repercussions, the toll on vulnerable kids, women in abusive situations, ect. I do not like all of those things. But for me, in my house, my home, it's very nice. I am tempted to worry, of course. I have four older kids in healthcare. It's not ALL sunshine and rainbows, but there are so many nice things about it, to be honest.

Anyway...time to make some popcorn.

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh my goodness Della........that bread looks wonderful!! I used to make a really a good loaf of GF bread in my bread maker, but then I used to be gobbling bread morning, noon and night!! Burp!! We are going to watch a movie too...THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL. It is so good.........we have the DVD and haven’t watched it forever. The Brits do such a good job. Great cast, great script! Have a fun night.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, it's hard to resist, especially when the whole house smells heavenly! We watched Cheaper by the Dozen, the newish one. It's so inaccurate! The chaos and the kids being so destructive...and it's so loosely based on the original, it's sad. Anyway, I'll have to check out the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. :)

sadie c said...

No, it's not all sunshine and rainbows, but you do have a good and positive outlook on life and this situation, and I love that!

Also love the look of that bread. I would have sneaked off and eaten the lot as soon as it was out of the oven! xx

Linda M. Conley said...

I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs yesterday! That bread looks so good, smiles. Oh, please check out Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, it was quite enjoyable.

As for complaining, as you know, I have been pretty famous about that (lolol). I wouldn't call it complaining, it is speaking the truth. grin...ok, so that's my story and I am sticking to it, grin.

Have a great day, Della!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about making some homemade bagels, which I have never done. I haven't made bread for awhile either. I had to laugh over your candy,one of my daughters just bought us a bunch of Easter chocolate at Walmart.


Hope your evening is great and God bless.


Erika

Great song to listen to "The blessings" Kari Jobe

Martha said...

You look fabulous! I bet you started counting birthdays backward, didn't you?

16 blessings'mom said...

Linda, sometimes you need to vent, it's not complaining. And honestly, what help do you get from someone who presents their life as all sunshine and rainbows?
Erika, bagels are a good idea!
Sadie, baking bread is DANGEROUS. I cannot resist it, and it's not good for me.
Martha, what I did was simple, I decided just to be 45 instead of 54, but in July, alas, I will age quickly, as I turn 55. :)