summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

snowy day in spring...

This fine morning, well below freezing, cold and windy and looking like Elsa and Anna were out in the yard, I decided we didn't need another pic of snow. Plus, shh, I was too lazy. But I did turn around and take one FROM my chair, out the front window...

It was one of those wake-up-early-and-sit-in-the-chair days. I washed up a few dishes, swept and mopped the floor, and puttered around...between sitting in my chair, answering questions, talking to the kids, making bacon and eggs, then some Ezekial raisin toast, more coffee...and sitting back in my chair.

There is butter chicken in the crock pot, asparagus all washed and cut and ready to steam, and naan bread dough rising in the oven, all parceled out to flatten and fry up in the panini maker. I've never made it before, but one night Emily had us over for dinner and made butter chicken, served with naan bread. You know me, I don't really eat bread, but oh dear, much to my despair, I tried some, and mmmm. I was going to make some Keto stuff for me, but in every recipe I looked at, there was something or other I don't have, so I decided the world isn't going to end if I just have some of the real stuff tonight.


Camille and I did a tiny bit of online shopping yesterday, why is it so much fun? I ordered some sweet baby things for Kathryn and Darius' little Achilles, and earned $20 in Old Navy cash. Cam and I found things on sale and got 3 dresses and a shirt for $34 with tax. Then today we picked out a birthday gift for Joseph, some shiny, glittery nail polish for her, and a surprise for Miss Char's birthday.

Did you know that four of my kids have birthdays in a 16 day span, starting with Jonathan on April 30th? Sonja comes next, then Miss Charlotte Claire, then Joseph on May 16th. Jon, poor Jon...he was counting the DAYS until he turned 16, so he could get his driving permit! He has been obsessed with cars and driving since he was a mere little tot. He was quite small when he insisted we call him Dodge. He drove everywhere we went, from his car seat. If he didn't have his toy steering wheel, he used what he had, a fast food cup lid, even a nickel, one time. He would turn that wheel every time I turned, he liked his car seat placed where he could see me driving.

But alas, here in New York state, in this strange time we are living in, the motor vehicle department is closed.

Something about quarantine birthdays makes me want to get them huge-0 gifts, as if I can make up for all that they are missing out on.

Ah well...time to go make that naan bread...

5 comments:

Rose Sperlonga said...

Oh boy! You just got my brain waves going with the Naan bread!! I'm going to try it! :)

So sorry your son can't get his drivers permit. That is such a bummer for someone who wants it so bad. Lets cross our fingers that this is going to become better ! We can get through this! :

Marilyn said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm....supper sounds delish!! I’m sitting here having a little glass of vino while ours is cooking. I’ve got cut up chicken breasts in peanut sauce in the oven and coconut rice cooking and some peas. At about 7.30-8 pm the ice cream will make an appearance 🤓 Enjoy your naan bread 😋 and butter chicken. I love butter chicken 🐔

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Valerie said...

I haven't tried it yet but I think that Ezekiel raisin bread would make such good french toast. Have you ever?

Linda M. Conley said...

I love Naan bread, my son made pizza with it the other day. Ugh on everything closed, so sorry for your son.

Yep, snow here too, and it is presently doing both (snow and ice). Spring in Western NY. grin

Have a great day friend.

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, a little glass of wine always sounds good. We have some delicious chocolate wine from one of our tastings, it's scrumptious. I am liberal when it comes to wine, we don't have it too often, and only a little bit each, but I let the kids have a try, too, makes them feel grown up. I think it gives them a good foundation of what is "normal", a little bit now and then, takes the stigma of it being "bad" away. I am talking just a splash, in their own glass, once in a blue moon. It sounds worse than it is ha. Anyway, coconut rice and peanut sauce chicken, mmmm! Good ideas, here!
Valerie, yes, I actually have tried it as French toast, it's good!
Linda, brr, right!? Saturday is looking good though...sunny and 60 here.