summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

rain rain don't go away...



The forecast rain is fine, we need it here in central New York state. But the Adirondack trip weather is supposed to be too rainy, and a bit chilly, too! We were really really hoping for hot weather, to roast in the sun out on the dock, jumping in to cool off. We have rented this beautiful cabin in the past, but always in June. We thought the end of July, it would be warmer, but not according to the forecast. The good thing is that we'll still jump in and swim, rain or not. Also, we are pretty much all going to make the most of it, and enjoy ourselves no matter the weather.

This cabin is RIGHT on the water, with a nice big dock. We drag all the chairs out there, although the girls will just lie on their towels. You can fish off this dock, too. One year Aaron caught the biggest fish of the entire week, right from the dock. With no boat to use this year, we might just be doing that more, although we are looking into renting one for at least a day.

Anyway, the cabin is very nice. There are two full sized refrigerators, and three bathrooms. There's one bedroom downstairs, and three upstairs, one of them is huge-0, like a dorm room with a few double beds, some bunk beds, and a few single beds. There's also a little tiny cabin out back for extra sleeping room if needed. The living area has a fireplace and a woodburning stove, and there's a screened in porch. That porch is one of the best places in this world. If you get up early and bring your coffee out there, you can listen to the loons and just gaze out at the water. It'll wash your cares away for sure.

Today, I have a project, it's called Cleaning Out The Freezer, and not even the downstairs deep freeze, just the refrigerator one. The refrigerator too, actually. I do not like these projects, who does? But when it's finished, and things are more organized, well, who doesn't like opening an organized freezer?

Molly visited with little Miss Lydia and baby Ophelia Rose yesterday. Lydia played play dough, and with "the little things", Calico Critters and such, then wanted to go out front to the tree swing. It was a very lovely visit. I rocked baby to sleep, which is one of my favorite things to do.

Ah well...I have things to do.

6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Sounds like a perfect place to spend summer days!
And if we were neighbors, I'd happily clean out your fridge and freezer!
I actually love stuff like that!
Have a cozy day, my friend.

Linda said...

We need the rain, so desperately. Have fun on your trip, s miles.

Wanda said...

Lovely deck and sounds like so relaxing. I'm the odd ball... I love organizing my freezer and refrig. In fact, I'm so crazy, I keep an inventory of what's in the freezer so plan my menu's.

Have a great day...enjoy the rain and have a great week.

Marilyn said...

Oh Della......nothing like rocking a baby to sleep. Such a peaceful, wonderful feeling. For 13 years I volunteered in the NICU cuddling preemie babies 🥰 It was wonderful. I love all your photos.....your verandah in the tree top is beautiful!! I do hope your cabin trip is warm and dry, but you’ll all have fun no matter the weather. My week in Calgary is looking good so far weather wise, but like you we’ll have fun no matter what the weather is like. Have a super day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Well, girls, I am having a cozy afternoon! It's dark and rainy and I love it. I've cleaned out all of my dresser drawers, washed several loads of laundry, cleaned out that refrigerator and freezer...and talked to my sister on the phone for way too long. That is my excuse for putting things back in the freezer willy-nilly. I can't organize very well as it is, but put me on the phone with Cheryl, and well...it looks better than before, but it needs a bit more work.
Marilyn, rocking those preemies sounds LOVELY.
Wanda, an inventory? Why am I am I not that organized? You know, it's always the first thing people say when they find out how many kids I have. It's just a statement they make, they are just so sure of it, "You must be so organized." Well, no, actually, I'm not. It's as if Paul and I had a talk and decided that since we have the patience of a saint and are so organized, we should just go ahead and have a huge family. ha.
Linda, we do need this rain. It can rain and rain and then stop next week, right?
Billie Jo, I'd be too embarrassed to have someone else clean out my freezer. I didn't know what some of those baggies contained. I think I made myself feel better, multiple times, in the past few years, by putting the leftovers in a baggy, so we don't waste food. Well, the day of reckoning was today, and we wasted food. :(

Anonymous said...

Before we went on vacation, I put everything from the fridge into the freezer to prolong its life, like leftovers and bread. Now I am coming across all these odd bags of things when I look in the freezer. It definitely could use an organize...
Have a wonderful weekend!
Valerie