summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 4, 2020

the land of the free and the home of the brave....



What a blessing to live in such a country! We need to pray for our leaders, and be faithful in our own lives, and things will go well.

Yesterday, Jonathan had the day off from work, as did Abigail. Jon wanted to go shopping, and we had to drive to the suburbs to return the auger anyway, so...Walmart.
It was a zoo. It's simply outrageous that they require a mask, post reminders about social distancing, then have only THREE CHECKOUTS OPEN! They did have the self scan checkouts opened, limit 20 items, and the line for those snaked around far and wide.


This was the line we were in, which curved around...how do you social distance in Walmart? By not going to Walmart.



I've often said I'd like to just walk around and take pictures of the sad things I see in Walmart, but as Jon said yesterday, "Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's not creepy, Mom." I still took a pic of this guy's shirt. I love it.



The pups, black Miss Suri and blonde Miss Sunny, Little Miss Sunshine. Because they bring joy.

Paul went out fishing this morning, and today is deck building day. Benjamin got called into work, so we haven't gotten started yet. I plan to work in my swimsuit, so I can hop in and cool off. It is a scorcher, an absolute scorcher. It's humid and sweaty already, we don't have A.C., and just sitting in my chair, ugh.

Last evening, our dinner was fantastic...London Broil on the grill, sliced cucumbers and baby carrots, and sourdough bread and butter for those who carb. Eating steak is few and far between these days, but I knew the girls would be going to the bluffs at Lake Ontario for pizza with Emily, and we would need lots less, so I splurged. It was on sale for $4.99 a pound, which is way more than it was before all this virus business, but oh well. It was a bit tough, but so good.

And...time to get to work.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck on the deck build! It is hot and humid here in Ohio too! Supposed to be that way at least for the next week if not longer :( I try to avoid Walmart if I can but I had to go this past week to return 2 swimsuits that my daughter bought but were too small. I need to get celery for a pasta salad today but I am thinking I might just make it without as I don't want to mess with going to the store today. Hope you have a productive 4th!

Susan said...

Laughing about WalMart, mine was the same yesterday. I have to say even though I would not have said it in that way I agree with the sentiment on the mans shirt. I love my country and find the violence and destruction heartbreaking. I think this is a result of telling God that we do not need Him, leave our schools, we know best erc.
Happy Fourth 🇺🇸and I can’t wait to see the new pool deck! ♥️♥️♥️

Valerie said...

Tonight I'm having 'almost' strangers over for a cookout. I met the lady at the library last year, and am finally getting around to reaching out to her family. Hoping to see some fireworks; there is a slight chance they may be going off in our own yard! My invitation to the new friend went like 'we'd like to have you over...how do you feel about fireworks?' ha ha. Happy 4th of July!

Wanda said...

Enjoyed your post and I have not been to Walmart since this all began. My oldest daughter shopped there are line, and waiting in the parking lot for them to bring out her order.

I find our Smart and Final has all the paper products we need and almost every thing else but fresh produce (the kind I like)

Love the man's shirt! We need to stand up for God and America.

Your dinner sounded wonderful.

Sending love and blessings.