summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

so, is anyone out there melting yet?

Or is it just me? It's mighty hot here in central New York state. Mighty. It might not be the top topic for me if I had air conditioning, but no sir, we just turn on the fans and blow the hot air around a bit. We COULD install a few window units and put up a curtain in the hall doorway, we have done that before. But when it's NOT really that hot, it seems like too much work, then when it gets like this, I'm thinking we're crazy. You do get acclimated a little bit, but it's not fun.

This fine summer morning, I have somewhere to go! Mr. Jonathan has an appointment to take his driving learner's permit test today! It's the day he's been waiting for all of his life! I am not sure how it will work, if we have to line up outside...can I just faint now and get it over with?!

We picked up our dear Kathryn, and Darius, and little Achilles from the airport last night! (The airport looked like a ghost town! So few cars lined up, so few people inside the big shiny glass windows, no one sitting on the benches...this airport just had a multi million dollar facelift, and now it's so apocalyptic...) They are staying with Benjamin and Ashley. Ben and Ashley's little Anya has stated that this is better than Christmas, AND her birthday, to have them there. They are all coming here later, to swim and visit. So we do have to clean up the house, don't we?

So fun things are happening! Did you know that I am an old lady? Yup. I am turning 55 on Friday. So Evelyn Joy, my 20 year old daughter, is planning a party for me, a deck party, here at my house. She is taking the day off of work on Friday to set things up, but she says we have to have the house clean already, oh yes, we are on that, not. Anyway, she has invited some friends, and my sister, some nieces. We shall socially distance, and mostly be outside, and it's under the recommended gathering size here in NY.

Also, we are having a gathering at our church on Sunday, a summer barbecue, with less people than the recommended gathering amount, and outside. We shall serve the food with masks on, and serve it one family at a time. Guess who is buying and cooking? Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, ha. I'll fit it in somehow, to plan and shop. It's more difficult these days because of limits, and higher prices, ect.

Well, I have just enough time to sweep the floors and put in a load of towels before we have to go out the door, I just don't want to get all sweaty. Who am I kidding, I don't want to get more sweaty.

4 comments:

Rose Sperlonga said...

Oh its hot. Here in Mass we have the beautiful mountains to keep us cool, maybe to cool in the fall but this summer its been hot, humid and sticky! I have central air in my downstairs. I tell you , its sooooo much cheaper than air conditioners through out the house! And I had someone come and do an energy test in the house and she said do not use anything else, just one of those! So I was lucky when we bought the house already built in. But I can cook and bake and put it down to 65 degrees in here! LOL Woohoo... my parents come and say its like winter in here!! Being my age, thats ok....

I will be 57 next week! I'm July 15th, so happy , happy birthday cancer! 55! A nice age to celebrate. I didn't , but maybe my 60th.

Our 20th anniversary was yesterday also. What to do in a pandemic? NOT much! But instead of going away we bought what we wanted or have wanted for a while. So a new Apple MacBook Air for me. And he got a new 65 inch TV for his luxury. And you know? We didn't miss going to dinner. I guess its all in the way you look at things.

Enjoy your company! How fun for all of you and to be able to get your hands on your grand babies is a great summer for sure!

Happy birthday to you ! I hope your parties are full of fun and laughter!
Rose :)

Linda said...

Under a heat advisory here in Hornell, Della. Becareful!!!! (hey at least you have a pool!)

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!!!!

Marilyn said...

Della you are having sooooooooo much fun!! I would like you to send some of your summer weather over here............it’s is pouring today! I don’t remember it being so bad. I bet you were excited to see your little family 🥰 You think you are an old lady!! Just a spring chicken yet. Old is me 🤣🤣 Have fun with all the family today and I hope Jonathan got his learners today.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Wanda said...

Happy Birthday your "old woman" haha I have children older than you. But then I guess you would consider me old at 79. It's hot here, I have to keep the AC running most of the day.

I will enjoy pictures of your Birthday. Have a wonderful one!