summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

the sweetness of summer and saying NO to fear...


Auntie Camille...I love seeing my baby with a baby, ha.


Paul with little Theodore, one of my sister's grand babies. His mama, my niece Susan, is the photographer. We had family pics taken, bittersweet: Suzanne and Aaron are not in them, they are in California.


Princesses on the playground, Camille with Ophelia, and Grandpa and Elise.


Achilles and Wulf, double cousins:)


Elise, Anya holding Achilles, Wulf, Lydia holding Ophelia, and Grant...

and a sneak preview from the photographer:

strykingphotography


Anya and Elise with baby Achilles


Just two sisters holding their babies, Miss Kathryn Grace, visiting from Oregon with Achilles, and Molly Rose with Ophelia.


Grace with Wulf and Grant


Ben and Ashley with the three 2 year olds, Wulf and Grant, and Elise.


Kathryn with Achilles...but I was making him smile, which is so satisfying.

Tomorrow is their last full day here, then early Thursday morning, before the butt-crack of dawn, I'll be driving them to the airport. wah.

But it's sweet, to see them, and get to know Achilles. Having family on the other side of the country is not fun, but I am SO extremely thankful they came for a visit, especially during this time.

Fear: it's the culture. Even if things are looking fine, you SHOULD be afraid, because it just might get worse, get bad again. But I am saying NO to that. I'll wear my mask when I go out and about, I'll stay six feet away, and I'll keep my hands washed and sanitized. But I will not live my days in fear and in dismal forebodings. This is the day that the Lord has made, we shall rejoice and be glad in it. Not a sparrow falls from the sky without our Heavenly Father knowing, and the very hairs of our heads are numbered. Do we believe that He causes all things for our very best, or not?

6 comments:

Wanda said...

Bless you and your adorable family. Loved the pictures. We are living like you without FEAR. I am careful, respectful and do what I need to do, but I refuse to get on the wide road that everyone is taking. Love your blog, love how you treat life and your family.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋 Such lovely pictures of your lovely family. It was just great for you to have almost everyone there and you will be sad to say see Kathryn and her family leave, but how lovely they could come. Yes, we do have to live our lives every day, but be mindful at the same time. This will be the new normal for some time to come. I......like you.......always wear a mask when out. Our doctor of the province has really advised the everyone should wear one, but some people just do not seem to get it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is mandated. Oh dear.........Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Martha said...

Amen! This IS the day!
Love you.

Joybells said...

The pictures are lovely and Anya looks so grown-up! Love hearing from you, Della! Happy belated birthday and you look fantastic, BTW.

Joy from Salem

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm SO envious that you get to spend so much time with babies and toddlers. THEY ARE THE BEST!! So nice to love on your people.
I also DO NOT live in fear. I'm being cautious, while still continuing to live my life and do whatever brings me joy.
Bee well my friend.

Valerie said...

I can't wait to see a full family photo! I hope you'll post one. We are so behind on that; the last one my two year old was a newborn. They grow and change so fast!