summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 25, 2020

where's the outrage?

One thing that bothers me: when ordinary citizens tattle tale on their fellow man. If you feel threatened by Mr. Huffy Puffy's bare face, then stay away from him, or stay home, or perhaps let him know personally how you feel. Don't take his pic and social shame him, and dang it, don't call government officials and complain! The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I think the squeaky Karens rule, blah.

Here's a game I like to play:
It's called Where Is It.

"It" can be either car keys, sunglasses, reading glasses, or my phone. Sometimes I play this game with myself, mumbling and murmuring and not listening properly to the conversation, "It" being my phone, when I am actually TALKING ON MY PHONE. The other day in the grocery store, I was looking all through my purse for my glasses, and Sonja said, "Mom, you have them on." Well, I should have guessed, I could see my purse mess very clearly! Now I have masks to add to the Where Is It game.

I can't imagine being in this predicament years ago, getting like 10 or 12 or 14 kids to wear masks, and to keep track of them all! oh dear.

We're leaving here in an hour, so I thought I'd sit down and blog, then panic and hurry out the door last minute.

Are we all packed? Well, Paul's rigging two of the kayaks onto the back of his truck, the third one doesn't fit, hopefully one of the kids with a roof rack can bring it up. With no motor boat this year, the kayaks will be hot commodities. I do have three inflatable rafts, but paddling isn't as fun as turning on a motor.

Last evening was fun, we grilled burgers, and served them with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, bacon, red onions, and little bags of chips. The health dept. guidelines were strictly followed, all wore masks, and we served everything outside. After cleaning up the kitchen, Paul and I came home, and the kids are staying there until Monday.

I feel like my brain has been on packing mode for so long, it short circuited and now I'm done. If I remember it, good, if I forget, meh, I'll live. I also feel like Mrs. Potato Head, stuffing the olive oil into the bin, a baggie of sugar, a few extra towels, markers and glue, crayons and stickers for the grandkids, more sunscreen, should I bring aluminum foil? I've got some disposable pans, and baggies, large and small, 3 kinds of salad dressing, oh, should I bring some honey? Yes, some honey. Oh good, my packing mode is turned back on! Bye for now!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Have fun on your trip, Della...and I agree...I have been getting some real "mean girl" comments, thank goodness for Moderation.

Wanda said...

Have a wonderful trip. Lots of pictures when you get back to share.

Anonymous said...

One day into our statewide mask order, I was in Meijer and not wearing one! I wore one all through Aldi, then after checking out realized I was not able to catch my breath. So when I got to M I could not do that to myself again. My husband (jokingly) had mentioned the other day 'medical condition' as a reason not to wear a mask- because I need to breathe! So that was what I planned to say if anyone approached me. The first part anyway. When I came in the doors, a greeter said, 'Are you aware of the mask mandate?' I said, 'Yes,' and kept walking. That was it! Later a masked lady asked me if anyone had said anything to me (out of curiosity, not meanness) and I told her about the greeter. But no one else said anything to me the whole time. I might have been the only person in the store not wearing a mask. I feel like Jason Bourne or something, ha. Thanks for letting me 'confess'. Happy time in the Adirondacks!!!

Marilyn said...

Brahahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Della you are a scream!!! I do many of the same things you mentioned. I have on a couple of occasions had to phone my cell phone from the land line only to find it was sitting under my nose 🙄You’ll be ready and what you don’t have.....oh well!! My daughter phoned me this morning to say she does have a washer and dryer, so I don’t need to pack my whole closet 🤣🤣 Anyway I hope you have a wonderful week with your family🥰 I know how much I’m looking forward to seeing both my girls for several days.....just the 3 of us.

Ttfn 👋

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Colleen said...

Amen.

Joybells said...

Della, have you read Harry Potter? Professor Umbridge seems to be out there in real life these days! She loved nothing better than getting people in trouble, or watching people get in trouble. Yes, it's human nature, and yes, I'm fighting against that in myself.

I sympathize with the "Where is it" game. I've played it often...once while driving down the road and rummaging through my purse for my keys! Um, they were in the ignition. Heh heh.

The next few days are looking to be awesome for a whole lot of young people. Yippee!! I hope you have an wonderful time out in the great outdoors!

Joy from Salem