summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 3, 2020

common....or not, that is the question!



Today was a good day anyway, home and comfy. We mopped instead of moped, did laundry, picked some blackberries from the woods...


Yesterday afternoon, we hopped in the pool to cool off, it was so dang humid. Well, it started to rain as soon as we got in there!


It was nice and refreshing.

Last night's dinner: slow roasted barbecued ribs, homemade Mac and cheese and cauliflower&cheese, and a nice salad with green peppers and tomatoes from our garden.

Tonight we had grilled chicken, rice, peppers and tomatoes, avocado, etc, then more berries from the woods, mmm.

A hurricane is moving up the coast, never a dull moment. Sam and Grace are in it's path in Virginia, ugh. We might get some rain, but that's about it, and we can use the rain. I just watered the garden, and the flowers, and folded freshly dried sheets and towels that dried in the sun. Puttering around, I don't get bored. There's always something to do.

Actually, I'm hatching a plan: painting the kitchen! It's been yellow for too long. It was English Buttercream, now a brighter yellow, and although I don't hate it, I'm falling out of love with it. Plus, I need a fun project. The kids are all here, and are willing to help, so why not? A nice gallon or two of paint is under a hundred bucks! If I can choose a color, I can order from Sherwin Williams, and pick it up at the curb. I'm thinking of something gray-ish, maybe a green gray, I love the Sea Salt, but something more subtle. The plan is that if it clashes with the living room, we just buy more of the same color and paint the living room to match.

I sort of like the Topsail....the living room is a gray with a blue tint, so I don't want clashing going on.

So fun things are going on, and some not-so-fun things too. Life is crazy these days, isn't it?

6 comments:

Joybells said...

Praying! For good health and perfect peace.

Linda said...

Our seasonal allergies are catching up with us here. I am so sick of folks looking at us when we wipe our noses. Hey, I DON'T HAVE COVID! UGH

I have always wanted a buttery yellow kitchen. Not a bright yellow, just a creamy color, smiles. I would have a hard time with those swatches; I am color blind with grays, sad to say. My one kitchen wall in Alabama was a pumpkin color and I thought hubby was going to kill me when I painted it while he was work, lolol.

Have a beautiful day, Della.

16 blessings'mom said...

Joy, the peace part is something I am working diligently on! When this whole lockdown started, I did have some anxiety, some sleepless nights, and those gray days in March and April...well, I had to pray my way through, knowing full well that I needed to be a good example for my kids. I desperately wanted to be true, not just a white washed tomb, telling them not to worry, while I was terrified. So I got closer to God! It is a good fight, the fight of faith!
Linda, a lot here have allergies too, but this thing came on rather suddenly to everyone, but I think it is a cold, I hope so...but then, maybe getting the Covid out of the way wouldn't be so bad...unless we all died, ha. Our kitchen was a rose color when we first built the house, back in 1992. Rosy- peach-pink kitchen, with blue counter tops, ugh. The counters are still blue, but that paint is long gone. I think it is hilarious that he came home to a pumpkin colored kitchen. So funny. I haven't even mentioned to Paul yet that I'm thinking of ordering paint online. He will be extremely puzzled, as he doesn't understand this NEED to change things up. :)

Marilyn said...

Hi Della. Looks like you’re back safe and sound after a lovely week at a lake.......but with colds perhaps. Let just hope that’s all it is 😬I think it takes a couple of days to get test results back. I love the colour you have chosen for your kitchen. It will look great with white trim. I would love to paint too...........maybe in the fall we’ll do ours too. Have a good day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Wanda said...

Glad you are back home and safe and back to those daily routines. It gives life balance...can't live in vacation mode all the time.

I like all the colors of blue you shared. Living in a Senior/Family complex we are not at liberty to do any painting. So all walls are "Kelly Moore Frost". I have to get my color with decorating.

Anonymous said...

I have heard several people mention that they love the Sea Salt color. Hope that your symptoms do turn out to be just common colds. Covid-19 us a very tricky virus, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to how it affects people. Stay safe!

Laurie in California