summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 29, 2020

life is just one big party!



Yesterday was Cupcake Day. A double batch of homemade lemon cupcakes...the kind you "zest" the lemons to make. With a glaze of lemon juice and sugar, adding a bit of tartness, to balance Camille's buttercream frosting, which she learned to make from moi, with no recipe. A bit more of this, a bit more of that...and when it's right, you know it.

I also made brownies, to have something for those who would prefer chocolate. Not everyone likes lemon, but Miss Lydia sure does! We also cut up a watermelon, a cantaloupe, and added blueberries and grapes, mixed fresh fruit for tomorrow.

Camille made a batch of homemade bruschetta yesterday, with basil from our plant, and tomatoes from the garden.
We had taco salad last evening, with tomatoes and peppers from the garden. It's satisfying, and so yummy. We don't have a huge garden this year, nor tons of different things. Summer squash is ripening, and there are an abundance of grape tomatoes, which taste like sunshine and summer. There are also some cantaloupe in there, we've never grown those before and they are looking good.

So today is a birthday party, and the weather is not complying. It's supposed to rain and storm, that means all the excited kids will be inside the house! I can't say I love the chaos, but it doesn't bother me too much. I like to see kids having fun, and I really hope they do. Lydia stopped in with her mom last evening to drop off some decorations, and she is so excited she can't stand it.

Did I mention that it's a princess party? We're all supposed to dress up as princesses. I will not be doing that. I will put in a dress, and put my hair up, but I was thinking I should actually just be Cinderella, BEFORE the ball, ha. It's more what I feel like, that's for sure!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh no, you must dress up as the Queen, smiles. Have a beautiful day, friend. Hey, it looks like it wants to break out here, but nothing so far. The skies are dark.

Marilyn said...

Oh I hope little Lydia has a great birthday party 🥳 and a princess one at that!! I think every little girl loves a princess party. Too bad the weather is not co-orperating though! And these cupcakes look amazing.....way to go Camille 👍We bought all the rock things to border our front flower bed yesterday, got the dirt too and there it sits because its11C, cold wind and drizzling 🙄 So much for that plan. Well, you all have a really fun day Della!! 🤗

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Rose Sperlonga said...

I want the cupcakes!! LOOK so good!

You guys should really go into a catering business of cupcakes! :)

Happy birthday to your grand daughter! :) :)

Rose

16 blessings'mom said...

Rose, the cupcakes were good, I heard, I didn't have any, because I just can't open that door...but anyway...when my daughter had her catering business, I made cupcakes for some events, and chocolate chip cookies too. :)
Linda, our weather cleared up a bit yesterday, then it downpoured. It was a bit crowded in here, but it was kind of fun.
Marilyn, the kids had so much fun!!! No, not cold already!!!