summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

just a Wednesday...winding down our summer...

Today was like an autumn day, crisp and lovely, too chilly to go to the lake, much too cold to swim in the pool, the now COLD pool. If this were a day in May, we'd be filled with hope for summer, but now that we're on the downside of summer, well...

So we brought back returnable cans and bottles, and wowza, got thirty bucks! Yay, girls, lets go out to lunch!

We had buy one get one free coupons for a local Mexican place, so we got some take-out, and went to the park. This lovely park was one of my late mother's favorites, from when she was a little girl. I used to bring her there with my kids through the years too...it is a really beautiful place.

We stopped at Walmart for red onions, lime tortilla chips, and a green pepper. We have peppers growing in the garden, but not enough will be ripe for Friday's nacho party, for Evelyn's 21st.

We went to Marshall's for a birthday gift for her, and I found some fun things: a cupcake stand, metal and wood, and so cute. I'm too lazy to get up and go take a pic right now, but I'll take one when Camille fills it with her decadent cupcakes. I found an under the counter organizer, and an iron frying pan, which I didn't buy because I found too many things today, ha.

Dunkin' for coffee, because: the pumpkin spice came out today! I long for it, but order mine with no sugar, just cream, no flavor swirls, it's full of sugar. :(

Home...a trip to the dump, we cleared some things from under the deck...I stayed behind and grilled on charcoal. It's a small grill, and I am no expert, so I did over cook the steak, but it was delicious anyway. Three dollar a pound London Broil, marinated 24 hours in lime juice, salt and pepper, not bad, in fact, super yummy.



So tomorrow, it's prep day. Chopping and slicing and baking and frosting, decorating and getting ready for the party!!! Friday during the day, we'll go on an adventure...to be determined...

Jonathan will be home from Montana tonight! It looks like he has been having fun!


And...goodnight!

1 comment:

Linda said...

This morning its 49*, I like the coolness in the morning...I see though its suppose to be in the high 90's by tomorrow. Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!