summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 27, 2020

time to blog....

Ah, here I am in my comfy chair, dinner all done and cleaned up: oven roasted pork chops and broccoli, with garden summer squash, fresh steamed beets...mmmm.

Today we decided to do something we haven't done in ages, since maybe February...go to the dreaded mall. We had Davian here visiting, and Margaret and little Wulf too. So we piled into the car, on this fine rainy day.


Isn't the pic of Wulf with Davian just adorable? Wulf was copying Davian, so cute!

One of the stores on my agenda was the Lindt Chocolate store because when I looked at the mall website to see if the carousel was open (it wasn't), there was an ad there, 75 assorted (you pick!) chocolate truffles for twenty bucks. Yes, that is a lot for a bag of chocolate, but...it sounded like so much fun, to choose all the varieties! I am a kid in a candy store when I'm in a candy store!

Well, we finally found the store (all the interactive map kiosks in the mall are turned off, because you wouldn't want to be touching the same surface as the other hundred customers in the mall...it was dismally under-occupied...)
Anyway, I interrupt myself too often. We finally found the store...and this note:

"...be right back.." it said. Well, does that mean in a month? A week? Five minutes? Wulf ran over and started shaking the gate/barrier, it was so funny, like, Let Us In!

We did go to the food court, and the kids had some of that awful food court Chinese food...I just sipped my local Finger Lakes coffee, Canandaigua roast. MMMMM! (I bought some beans to bring home)

We shopped a little, mostly went to get out and walk around. Ms. Margaret is due on Saturday, so it's good for her to walk and to keep busy.

We're having a birthday party here on Saturday, so tomorrow is cupcake day again. Camille is turning into a buttercream frosting expert. I am making lemon cupcakes, she is making the frosting, rainbow style...

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

What cuties!!!
Enjoy the cupcake making!

Anonymous said...

What a funny thing to put on the store gate, if it wasn't SUCH a TEASE! I might have gone after a sale like that; I love Lindt chocolates!
Valerie

Wanda said...

How fun.....cupcakes without end. Send me a dozen of the lemon...haha

Such cute family pictures.