summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

...and next....

 Sometimes it seems like I'm so busy, but I'm really not, not like days-gone-by-busy.  No, now I can drink an entire cup of coffee in one sitting, without it getting cold, without playing the Where In The Heck Is My Coffee game.  I can think a thought without being interrupted, mostly, and I can sit on the throne for as long as I please, with no banging on the door, and without the fear of what children are capable of during just a two minute pee.  (Once, long ago, I was in the bathroom, and there was banging on the door.  Knock, knock, knock.  I finally cracked open the door to see who wasn't answering me while I asked who was there, and it was Aaron, all of maybe 15 months old, holding a knife.  Yes, a sharp knife.  After safely and strategically prying the knife from his pudgy little hands, I investigated:  the ROCKING HORSE was in front of the knife drawer, which was open.  There were angels watching over that child.  (and it's not like I was lounging on the couch reading a book, not watching my children, I was absolutely hurrying in the bathroom....)

Anyway.  Yesterday, in the pouring rain, Mariel and I picked up more pumpkins, and lots of apples, for the conference this weekend.  We had time in between doing that and our appointment to pick up hay bales, so we stopped in and visited Joseph for a bit, he lives in a little house in town.  It was a very pleasant visit, we were soaking wet, and his house was warm and dry:)

Today, after Miss Cam finishes her school work, we are going to Aldi quick, just for a few groceries.  There is beef in the crock pot, with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper, onion and garlic, and some gravy packets.  There'll be mashed potatoes, and roasted Brussel sprouts...I told Emily, Abigail, and Mariel that I'd make them dinner tonight because they are so busy this week doing prep for the upcoming weekend.  

Tomorrow morning, I have to pick Miss Char up from school, and bring her and Camille to be Covid tested before the weekend, since there'll be so many kids there, all must be either vaccinated or tested.  Oh, and I have to pick Jonathan up from the airport tonight a bit after eleven, which believe me, I remembered this morning at 5:30 when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.    Evelyn is flying in tomorrow but Mariel is getting her after work.  I will only see Ev for a little bit, as we are leaving for Florida on Friday morning.  I do have to pack still....ugh.  You know that feeling of wearing fall clothes, sweaters and sweatpants and long sleeves, then putting on some shorts and a tank top...pasty and doughy are words that come to mind.  Pale, too.  It's not going to be all that warm in Florida, dang it, but some sunshine will be nice.   We are heading back home on Tuesday, the weather will get hot again about then...

Here's the latest report, out of context as it might be.  2 unvaccinated, 12 vaccinated are hospitalized.  
This does not make me happy, does not make me gloat, I do not like to see that anyone is hospitalized.  It's a horrible sickness, and for the life of me, I'll never understand why they were messing around doing gain-of-function research, why this was unleashed in the first place.  I'll never understand why so many early treatments have been dissed, and practically outlawed.  There are many many things that don't add up, and the censorship these days is certainly real.  

But, at the end of the day, there's not much I can do about these things, but I do pray for those who lead us, and for myself, and my friends and family...God knows all the things that are going on, He has allowed them to happen, and His word is still true:  all things work together for the good for those who love Him, and called according to His purpose...(Rom.8v28).  

I've been thinking a lot about working out my salvation with fear and trembling.  There's a lot written about having a name you are alive, but being dead inside, about being a white -washed tomb.   To have a good reputation, to look good on the outside...it's sickening to me.  There is so much to work on!  We are full of sin, but we don't have to stay mired in it, led around by it!  When we're faithful in the hidden, say NO to those thoughts about other people, judging, ect., then we get oil in our lamps.  I am very thankful that God has had such mercy...have a really good day!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have been a busy person I have to say! So have your girls getting ready for this conference. I have dogs that sit outside the bathroom door and if I don’t just quite close it properly in they come 😳😳 Your mother in law must be getting excited about you coming ☺️ It will be lovely for you all. I hope the weather is good as I know it’s been awful where you are! Awful in so many areas of the US. Somewhere in Utah had 3’ of snow!!! Then all the pouring rain along the coast. Oh my…………..😔 Well you’d better get packing girl…..just one more day!! Have heaps of fun!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Passing through quickly. It is late and I am so behind. You are always busy but I enjoyed the part about being able to finish your coffee while it is still hot. Blessings to you and all!