summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 18, 2021

no, thank you!!!!

 ...I do not want to leave this charming little place and head home!  Okay, I do miss Paul, and my kids, and the pups, but this has been so absolutely nice!

Just a tiny taste of a dark coffee stout, it was not bad but did evoke coffee grounds.  There was a blueberry wheat beer, oh yum.


Is there anything, besides the sun, better than the moon shining on a lake?
Some afternoon charcuterie, that's me over there under the blanket...
That wood stove cranks up and warms the place up!

We did just two wine tastings yesterday, then Em chose one beer flight which I helped her sample.  I have to be oh so careful, and I was, and I was thankful that I felt fine.  I grilled chicken for the curry Emily was making last night, it was a late dinner, so we had evening popcorn, played some Scrabble.  

Having been so busy for so many years, I just cherish these quiet times.  We are gearing up for a big weekend, a youth gathering for almost 600 kids, and Emily and Lorraine are the head cooks/meal planners/food purchasers.  So they've been planning and going to zoom meetings here, it's been super nice because Lorraine lives in Ohio, we are halfway between our two homes here.

Samuel and Grace are visiting this coming weekend, but Sam will be at Army Reserves drill, and Grace will be at my house with Grant and Ruth.  Yay!!!!

So now comes the dreaded packing up and heading home...ugh.  :)


3 comments:

Linda said...

Grinning...thanks Della. I hope you have a beautiful Monday.

Unknown said...

It sure looks lovely there! My teeth were chattering when you said the girls went swimming 😳😳 The food looks just fabulous!! Have a good trip home 🏡

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

What a great get-away you had!! I enjoy getting to know you and your very special family and that you are all such great foodies just makes it all the more fun! I want to come and just eat a few meals with you all! Love & hugs!