summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 1, 2022

a beautiful new....

 


Isn't it beautiful!  I just had to have it!  Emmalunga Symphonie...







Okay, April Fool's.  I didn't buy this.  I found it online, and fell head over heels.  I had one very similar, a lavender Simo Pram, brought it to the mall and to stores and to the zoo...it was fantastic.  It was parked in my room, and all my babies, from #6 (Aaron) right down to #16 (Camille) slept in it from birth to around four months old.  I had several Emmaljungas too, but not quite as pretty as this one.  Isn't it so lovely?

I really DID buy this though:
A  dark room tent.  It's isn't as lovely or exciting as that baby carriage, but I am so very excited about it.  Once I decided we really need a better tent, if we're not getting a camper this year, I stumbled upon this concept of dark room:  it supposedly doesn't heat up in the sun as much, and stays nice and dark inside, like a dark cave...sounds nice to me.  It's big enough for Paul and I and the two dum-dums, as when we camp without the kids, we'll have both of them in our tent.  I like my queen sized air mattress, and felt bad taking up all the room in the old tent.  Anyway, it was $198 on Walmart, but I found one on Marketplace for $115...I offered $100, she agreed, and I picked it up, easy peasy.  

I get some strange satisfaction from buying things on Marketplace.  A person to person transaction, no tax involved, it is just freeing.  

Today, I'm being a good girl and going to the pool...then I'm going to the small city to pick up some freshly roasted coffee beans...from a little coffee place right near the prison...did you know that I live near the only prison in the whole country that's inside the city limits?  

Off I go to swim!

1 comment: