summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 17, 2022

here at ben's....

 

We played play dough, they have the cutest cake making/bakery sets!  Elise is so sweet...
Elise and Anya...we made a special treat for their mom, when she gets home from the hospital...
Anya can help with the mixer!

Their mama has been busy!

Sweet little Declan Paul was born last night!
Isn't he sweet?  He's my #11 grandchild!  He's a chunker, over nine pounds!
He had some respiratory distress...he seems to be getting better, I don't know much, as I'm here at their house with the girls...so pray!

We've had a busy day...I came over yesterday evening after dinner.  We had a sleepover in the guest room, with stories.  Today we've played Candyland, SEQUENCE for Kids, Guess Who, Life, and with Paw Patrol, Barbies, Mario Cart,and the play dough.  They've danced and sang and we had ice cream cones.  They're watching Paw Patrol right now.  They're tired, as they were too wound up to fall asleep last night, and we all woke up early.  I'm tired too.  I'm an old grandma, ha.  How did this happen?  It seems like just yesterday that...I was having Benjamin!  He's my third child, I had Emily and Abigail, then my little Benjamin Bunny...my mother was at my place as I labored, trying to wait until the last minute to leave for the hospital.  She was feeding the girls dinner, Paul came over to me in the living room to ask me how I was doing:  get away from me!  You smell like oranges!  My mother said:  time to go!  Ben was born less than two hours later.  

I remember my mother in law saying to me when I had just two or three kids:  These are the best years of your life...(ha, little did she know that I would be having 13 or 14 more). (I changed diapers for 25 years straight.  TWENTY FIVE YEARS!)

Anyway, time does fly, and here we are.  


11 comments:

Mari said...

That's a lot! Lots of cupcakes, lots of eggs!

Unknown said...

Good morning! It looks like you had a really busy time! WOW!! All those cuppy cakes looks so beautiful……….I’m sorry your knees were hurting though……not fun.

The girls will be tired from their trip I imagine. Jet lag and all. What did they do in Norway as they didn’t seem to be gone for very long? I bet they had fun though.

Happy Belated Easter😌

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

We had not had a church home since before COVID, so the Easters had been less busy. We found a good church a few months ago, and were looking forward to the Easter brunch. But we came down with a stomach bug and didn't end up going to church this Easter either. Crazy! Yours sounds like lots of fun, but glad you can relax now:)
Valerie

Kristi said...

Can you give your frosting recipe and what tip do you use?
Kristi

16 blessings'mom said...

Kristi, I am not such a recipe user. I used to make my frosting with just shortening, but now I put a stick of butter in, a hunk of shortening, cream that together, add a 2 lb. bag of confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream....I used to make it by taste, but I don't like to eat it anymore...so I just wing it...I know, I know...not much help. I didn't make enough, so I put a can of Pillsbury milk chocolate frosting in with the rest of the buttercream, whipped it up, and it made a nice chocolate. I usually use a huge-0 tip, I am not home right now so can't check the number.
Valerie, dang!
Marilyn, they went to a church youth conference, for a week. The older girls went to a regular international church conference for like five days.
Mari...I know!

Joni said...

Congratulations, Gramma! What a sweetheart, Declan Paul is! Fun pics once again - you really are an amazing person!

Blods said...

Congratulations to the whole family on the safe arrival of baby Declan, he's gorgeous! Enjoy a new baby boy in the family, youre very blessed, Blods xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!He is gorgeous 🥰
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I think I'm losing my mind because I thought there was an Easter post from Sunday! I could definitely be losing my mind :) :)

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful addition to your beautiful family. It all goes so fast, doesn't it? I was thinking just today about how I cannot believe 3 of my 4 are adults. Sigh. Hugs, my lovely friend!

Betty said...

Congratulations he is so cute. Love his name and will keep him in prayer.