summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 7, 2022

rolling hills and beautiful views...

 

What a lovely day!  Warm and breezy, sunny...

Evelyn Joy...





We tasted at one gorgeous place, then went to a second...it wasn't so good, so we left and went for a coffee, when I spotted...a cupcake ATM.   oh Evelyn, I need a picture for the blog...I had no intention of going in and buying cupcakes, not for FIVE DOLLARS EACH. 

But in we went, and cupcakes we bought!

Strawberry, chocolate marshmallow, the blue starred one was blueberry with lemon frosting.  There were chocolate with chocolate, chocolate with vanilla, red velvet, cinnamon, and carrot cake, plus the birthday cake with sprinkles.  We had a total cupcake party last night after dinner (Riley's famous chicken pot pie, yum!).  We got out little plates and forks and knives, and oh dear, which one was the best?  The strawberry was surprisingly flavorful, the carrot cake one supreme...the cinnamon one disappointing, the chocolate too chocolaty, and the chocolate with vanilla...I make better ones.  I don't usually eat much sugar, so this was overload, but I did only taste them, way too sweet, but way too much fun.

Evelyn and Camille are leaving today, heading to Norway, flying directly to London.  They'll meet up with Margaret and Charlotte Claire, and Amanda in London, and head to Norway together.  Jonathan is traveling with a different group.  

So it will be quieter here, we stay until Sunday.  Today is sunny and will be 90, so don't feel sorry for me ha.   

4 comments:

Linda said...

A Cupcake what? grin---now that is way cool. We went to Steak n Shake yesterday and it was like that-it was pretty cool...this covid thing---not that is a big issue here in FL. ANYWAYS, Sounds like your having fun. grin

Terri D said...

WOW! The cupcakes look great and sounds like it was a fun "tasting"!! Glad you are having a great time and I wish the kiddos safe travels!

Carol said...

I have never spotted a cupcake ATM, but I am thinking that I could enjoy that. Enjoy the time that the kids are away, but I am sure you will be anxious for them to return. What fun that they are able to travel overseas though. I would love to visit some other countries.

Mari said...

I've never heard of a cupcake ATM. So cool!
Nice pics, you look great!