summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 14, 2022

there's time enough for sleep in the grave...

... Benjamin Franklin...my mother used to quote that, and I hated it, because I wanted sleep NOW.  Life does go by quickly, but it's harder to navigate when you're tired, isn't it?  I just couldn't fall to sleep last night, then I woke up before the birds, and have some sinus-y stuff going on...complain, complain, complain!

I won't complain.  I'm good.  I can have a spring in my step, regardless.  Yesterday, I had no headaches, the day before was riddled with them.  So I am thankful for that, and I won't waste time wondering what today will bring.  

This fine morning I am heading to the grocery store, AGAIN, to get things for Easter Sunday.  We are having lunch at church, for about 45 people.  I already have most of the stuff, just need another ham, some asparagus, maybe more stuffing.  We're doing an egg hunt for the kids, I got most of that stuff yesterday.

Sonja and I had our "day" yesterday.  She's on break, and it's been a busy week, but yesterday there was nothing on the schedule, no grandchildren coming over.  We hemmed and hawed, and ended up going to T.J. Maxx, where we bought absolutely nothing.  She tried on a dress and loved it, but it was white, so she didn't get it...then later she wished she had, oh she's my twin.  

We went to Walmart, and believe you me, I had to PROMISE to only look at the plastic Easter eggs and candy for Sunday.  Nothing else.  I did A-Okay.

We then went to lunch at Chipotle, sat outside and ate...the sun would peek from behind the clouds and absolutely broil us, then go back and the wind would chill us.  

We dropped off some library books, then drove home in the dark ominous clouds, afternoon rain!  Yay!  We could relax and watch a show without feeling guilty, like we should be outside!  

I did go to the pool yesterday, for water aerobics.  It feels pretty nice, moving all the muscles.  The group was going out to brekky afterward, but I had plans with Sonja K. so I bowed out.  

This fine day, Miss Suzanne is coming over for a visit, Wulf and Tennyson are coming over to play while daddy is in class, and tomorrow....Sam and Grace and Grant and Ruth are coming, for the weekend!  I have a guest room to vacuum, and bedding to wash....yet here I sit.  The calm before the storm, I guess...

One of the things I had planned for Sunday:  an Easter cake.  I have fond memories of my mother making these when I was little...a bit of green food coloring on some coconut, for grass, and little chocolate bunnies dancing around with chocolate eggs and jelly beans...now that I'll have Sam and fam for the weekend, not sure if I can do this, perhaps I'll just make cupcakes...if I bake them tomorrow and keep them out of Suri's paws, I can just frost them Saturday...

Ah well, the thing to remember is that in all of this, the comings and goings and keeping ourselves busy in life, the most important thing is to be faithful to what God whispers to us during the day.  If we don't hear what He's whispering, we need to ask, to pray, and be more awake...


7 comments:

Linda said...

I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. Pouring rain here in Central Florida. Smiles

Anonymous said...

What a nice closing thought. Thank you Della❤️
Hope you stay headache free today!
Valerie

Mari said...

It is hard to keep going when you're tired.
I love your closing paragraph!

Terri D said...

Yes, to listening to God and hearing what He says! Rest!! xo

Diana said...

Have a joyful and blessed Easter, my friend! Prayers for rejuvenation in Christ! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

A while back you had some comments on how bad it was to donate broken appliances to the thrift store, and you had me laughing so hard. Well, last year I found a carafe at the thrift store that goes with my coffee maker. I broke mine today and went to the basement to look for it. I tore off what I thought was a price tag - it was duct tape covering a hole! Oh, well, I covered it with new duct tape and will use it until I find another one. Hope you are having a happy Easter! He is risen!!!
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, that's funny AND sad. What the heck! All this time you thought you had the replacement, and dang. I don't know what people are thinking! I'm glad you're taking it well though! Happy Easter!