summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 16, 2024

going away for the weekend...

I'm always in a conundrum about going away.  I like my house.  I don't want to leave my house.  My comfy chair, the pups, the peoples, I like it here.  But one cannot be in two places at once, and since I love being with my friends and going on adventures...off I go.

My favorite sweatpants, black, had too much Sunny hair on them, so into the washing machine they go...with a few more things I decided I need to bring.  I'm weird, but I almost always wash clothes before a trip, even if they're from the drawer or closet, already clean.  So I am not packed yet, and am leaving in three hours.  I need to measure out the spices and seasonings for the soup that is tonight's dinner, and I'm thinking to make a loaf of bread.  I wasn't supposed to sit here in my comfy chair right now, after the pool, because...I have things to do.  I sat down to look up a recipe, and ha, here I am.  But I am going to get up and make a coffee (the after pool coffee is the best!), and make the bread...

Ahh, the after pool coffee now, the bread is rising in the warm oven.  The chicken breast is cut into little pieces and in a marinade of lime juice and pepper, for the coconut lime ginger chicken soup for dinner.  (with broccoli, carrots, and red pepper).  If that bread comes hot out of the oven right as it's time to leave, maybe it'll still be warm enough at dinner time...

It is a snow globe here right now.  As I drove to the pool, the road was covered, and it was snowing sideways, huge fluffy flakes.  I could barely see...then as I reached town, the roads were clear and the snow dissipated.  Lake effect snow bands just vary so much.  It's supposed to stop this afternoon, which is fine with me, as I don't like driving in it.

Yesterday, Kathryn wanted to get out of the house.  She had things to drop off at the thrift store, as she's been cleaning and organizing...so yes, I wanted to go too!  

Jamison...
Rhys...and yes, it was $4.99 and I bought it for her.  
Camille with Achilles...

We also stopped at the bakery:  


(The smelled amazing but I didn't have any...because I know myself, and what's good for me, and what triggers me, and shh, I have a few treats that I'm saving for tonight, at the Airbnb with my friends:))

Stolen pictures:  Evelyn had Tennyson and Wulf over to her apartment, and they helped clean.
Anya, Elise, Declan
Grace posted this, Sam with Grant, Ruth, and Maeve...

Paul remembered Valentine's Day:)

Ah well, time to go get that bread baking, and start packing up the car...have a really nice weekend!


5 comments:

Mari said...

Beautiful roses, cute, cute kids and yummy treat!
Have a great weekend!

Terri D said...

That is a beautiful pink rose! Adorable children!! And those donuts... oh my goodness!! Happy weekend and enjoy your get-away!!

Marilyn said...

Good morning!

I hope you are having a great time with your friends! I’m sure you are 😊 i love going away, but getting ready to go can be more stressful for me these days. Not sure why 🤷‍♀️

The pictures are lovely! Such adorable little kids 💕

Enjoy!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Cindy said...

I would be a basket case if I had that much to do in that short amount of time! You are super woman! Have a fantastic trip!

16 blessings'mom said...


Thank you, Mari! Terri, yes, those donuts! :). Marilyn, I understand the stress, but this was a simple stay-in-the-warm-cozy-cabin weekend, easy to pack for! Cindy, I am not, but thank you:)