summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 12, 2024

quite super...

 

Tulips already?  It isn't Easter! But I love them, and they were in Aldi...
Cookies, and getting prepped for the kids coming over...

Chocolate dipped strawberries, mmm.

Aunt Emily with Blythe, Aunt Evelyn with Denzel...Blythe is two days older than Denzel.
Emily with Achilles
The girls brought wood cutouts with magnets on the back, for the kids to color with markers...Tennyson and Wulf, and Rhys, and Lydia..
Oh, and there's Achilles..
Evelyn with Jamison, and Paul
Adrian with his baby Blythe
Emily with Ten and Ophelia, cousins...frenimies...
Margaret and Kathryn made it so much fun for the kids

Auntie Em with Jamie
Margaret's giant Super Bowl cookie-cake...:)
Rhys loves Blythe

Lydia loves helping
Blythe
Tennyson, Achilles, Wulf, Rhys...I was showing them a Cookie Monster video, of him singing C is for Cookie...

Lyd, Achilles, Wulf, Ophelia...so much fun when cousins get to hang out together.  We didn't pay too much attention to the game, but we did have chicken tacos, chicken wing dip, Oreo cheese cake cookies, chocolate strawberries, chili, mozzarella sticks and pizza bites, plus chips and dips and baby carrots.  Oh, and those chocolate chip cookies.  

I got up this fine morning and went to the pool, ahh, so nice.  This afternoon, I'm going on an adventure with Evelyn.  We've been wanting to go to this store where they buy entire Amazon pallets, truckloads, and sell the stuff way cheaper.  I need a retractable baby gate for the top of the stairs, and who knows what else, ha.  

Winter is coming back this week.  It's been so nice having our warm spell, going out and about and not worrying about sudden snow squalls.  Those white-outs, where you can't see the road, ugh.  Scraping off the car, shoveling the steps, I haven't missed winter.  But February only has 17 more days, then March has 31, so that's 48 days....and March usually has some nice weather, although has also had some huge snowstorms, blizzards.  April can still be snowy, but ha...it seems wimpier, somehow.  So we're rounding the corner of this winter, it hasn't been too bad.  I don't like driving at night so much, add in some snow flurries, then some wind, then swirl the snow around a bit, and no thank you, I don't want to go.  

Ah well, we live here and winter is part of it, so I'll take it one day at a time, and enjoy what I can about it all.  Have a good day!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I love tulips, but like you, I can only find them at the store right now.
Your gathering looks fun and yummy too!
Yes, winter is still around, but we are all looking forward to Spring!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE tulips and my husband came home with some on Saturday. Beautiful yellow ones just starting to open. Makes the house feel like spring even with 10 inches of fresh snow.

We had a great time watching the game although a few things annoyed me. Don’t like when I see players with anger issues but I won’t go there. Anyway our food was fun, the three girls all enjoyed the game.. we all wanted SF to win but it was close abs I love the testimony of their young Quarter back. Young men living for Christ, refreshing!

Have a great afternoon. Everyone is home due to snow and we have already cleaned up outside, now just lots of relaxing, snacking,
laughing.. doesn’t get better than that!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! What fun you all had, especially the kids! It must have been bedlam!! Fun though. The cookies look really good 😊 I love your tulips too. So ‘springy’. We are having springlike weather too…….cooler than you, but very out of character for winter in this area for sure.

Enjoy the rest of your day! ps………I made it to the Y today for a nice little workout πŸ‹️‍♀️☺️

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦