summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

hmmm....

 I have a big bag of sugar free chocolate chips, should I attempt a batch of low sugar, low carb chocolate chippers?  I've had success with peanut butter cookies, and the molasses cookies, I do love cookies.  I don't think I'll ever be skinny.  I fast, I make better choices, but I still like it all.  

I did have a fantastic swim class this morning, I kick myself in the rear end to get out the door in the morning, then ahh, always so glad I went.  One of the things we do in the pool is to kick our butts, I cannot reach, but like the weight loss thing, I will not give up.  I may not be losing more, but I am still maintaining a huge loss, and it's a constant effort to keep it off.  

Some of us are just lazier types.  My idea of a perfect vacation involves sitting in the sun, lying in the sun, and floating in a pool, interspersed with playing in the waves of a warm water ocean or gulf.  Then a rainy afternoon with a good book.  No hikes, climbs, excursions, or sneakers.  

Back in the day  my body just did what my mind wanted to do, no questions asked.   A  hike, fine.  Fine, ice skating, roller skating.  Walk up some stairs?  Sure, why not.  My knees didn't protest, my hip complied, no getting out of breath, no sir.  My body was kind of invisible back then.  It was just there.  

Nowadays, it makes itself known from the minute I gingerly heave myself out of bed to when I heave my self back in at night.  I try to fall asleep before the quiet symphony of bodily complaints starts in...the aches and pains...

Keep active, do more, get your steps in!  I need to heed this, so I do try.  But, it's not my favorite.  

Our weather here, oh boy.  It's warm again today, 61 right now...but, this afternoon the temps will drop to 30, rain will flash freeze, then the snow will come in a narrow lake effect band, 5-8 inches with wind...brrr.  I'm super hoping for a snow day tomorrow for Miss Charlotte Claire.  :)

Suri needs to stop getting old, right this minute.  No more of this wobbly, barely-making-it-up-the-stairs nonsense.  The white beard on her beautiful glossy black coat, no.  Just no.  She's still a hungry thing though, if you leave it out, she'll find the strength to jump up on that counter and get it.  The other morning, she gobbled her food so fast, she barfed it right back up again...thank you, Suri.  As I leaned over to clean it up, I reminded myself NOT to get a new puppy when these two pass on...but shh, we probably will, because they're so rewarding.  Suri loves having her head patted, and her ears rubbed, she makes her piggy noises and wags her tail, then lies down because she gets tired sitting there.  She's all goodness, sugar and spice and everything nice, even with the little kids.  Sunny is precious too, she gets all excited when someone comes home, gets a toy out of her toy bin, and runs to them with it. She's a few years behind Suri, but also has a large fatty tumor, so...

Anyway.  It's a cozy day here at home, I'm not going anywhere, have clothes to put in the dryer, and have to vacuum, and have some sorting and cleaning to do.  Last evening, I went to Activity Club right after dinner...the kids are so cute and fun, and the energy!  One little girl kept tagging me and I'd try to tag her back, and I finally said, "I cannot run very fast, you know."  She said, "I KNOW that!"  Too sweet though. We did crafts and had a glow-in-the-dark party with glow sticks and low lighting and lots of running around....shh, I walked fast.

Ah well...time to move it move it...have a really good day!

3 comments:

Terri D said...

Yep, I hear ya girl!!

Marilyn said...

Good morning!

I think you should make the cookies! 🤤 It’s hard not to gobble up fresh made cookies though isn’t it?

Poor old Siri. It’s so hard when they get old. I remember her as a puppy and you had Duke 🥰 You will likely get another one. Sunny will be so lonely when Suri crosses the Rainbow 🌈 Bridge. That’s why we got Bindi. Hudson was so lonely when we said goodbye to Tillie. They creep into your heart, don’t they ❤️

Kids are so cute 🥰 Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

It’s hard when the puppies get old. Our sweet dog Pebbles passed 1 1/2 years ago. End of last March we got a new puppy. She is a mini bernadoodle and adorable, but very high energy. Lol The first 6 months were tough, lots of crying, I tried not to but was exhausted from hardly slept and she ran me all day. Since turning a year in January she is calming down and such fun. We all love her to pieces but she is our new alarm clock as every morning she wakes us barking at 6:30, that part can stop at any time and we would all be happy. 😂🤣

Judy