summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 10, 2024

simple bliss...

Yesterday, I was restless.  It was a beautiful day, and I wanted to go out and about.  I had a few things I needed, too.  Camille and I went to Target.  A few baby outfits for Molly's little Denzel, some things for Grace's birthday, a package of chicken breast, some coffee cream, and some cleaning spray (one of my guilty pleasures is Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Peony (Mums smells lovely too!)). (It makes it so nice to clean when the cleaning spray smells so amazing!).  Then to Price Chopper, just a quick loop around the store for a few things, then to Aldi.  Camille was dubious that we needed to go to a third place, but I wanted strawberries, and they were $4.99 a pound in P. Chopper.  

Home...ahh, home.  Steak for dinner, which is my absolute favorite, with some salads, curly fries in the air fryer (I try to avoid these things, but did eat just a few, why oh why are they so good?!)

The kids made chocolate covered strawberries the night before, oh dear, so good.  I plan to make more with the strawberries I bought, for tomorrow...

Today, I slept until 8:24.  It was extremely wonderful.  I really really liked it.  No cat meowing to wake me up, no having to get up for Miss Char, just slept...ahh.  See, if I always slept well, I wouldn't appreciate it, now would I?  

I cleaned up and vacuumed and washed dishes, did some laundry, then Margaret was here with Wulf, Tennyson, and baby Blythe.  Then Suzanne came over with her pup, Winston. (her fiancé is camping with his brothers this weekend).  Then, Joseph came over with his dog Bucky (his wife was working, and his other pup was at home). 

Don't I take such good pictures?  Joseph with Bucky, and Suzanne over there...Paul in the mirror. :)

Margaret's friend Tenylle came for a visit with her little daughter Lyra, who is almost two.  She discovered we have fruit snacks here:). She didn't love the dogs, but she seemed to get used to them quickly.  

Everyone left by and by, and it was time to make some dinner, for just Paul and I...ribs in the Instant pot, good idea.  Salt, pepper, steak seasoning, and brown sugar rub, lime juice in the bottom of the pot,  then the two racks cut in half, in the pot on the rack, high pressure for 26 minutes.  Then, two kinds of bbq sauce mixed with brown sugar, pepper, hot sauce, and into the oven at 475 on a cookie sheet with foil...then broiled for a few minutes.    Not as good as smoked, but really good.  The instant pot gets them so tender, so quickly.

Dessert for me, a zero sugar Chobani Greek yogurt with sugar free whipped cream and fresh blueberries, and two chocolate covered strawberries...mmm.

Tomorrow, we're having a Stupid-Bowl party...not a big party,  just Grace with Grant, Ruth, and baby Maeve, and Margaret with Wulf, Tenny, and Blythe, and Kathryn with Achilles, Rhys, and Jamison.  The dads are all going to a Super Bowl thing, and the girls here are going to one, so we thought we'd have one here for ourselves.  We're having lots of goodies, and don't care much about the game, which is a good thing because....nine grandkids, ha.  

Jonathan got a hair cut.  His friend Matt cut it for him, at two o'clock in the morning.  And no, they weren't drinking.  They are very healthy kids, like working out and eating right, ect.  But they're crazy sometimes!  

I think he looks cute...with Sunny, Kettler, and Suri...

Paul went fishing out on Owasco Lake (one of the Finger Lakes)  today.  He did get rained on a little, but said it was nice out there, but a little windy.  60 degrees.  Poor Tennyson was walking around with the hose sprayer attachment, asking if he can put it on the hose.  He has Playing-With-The-Hose-On-The-Brain.  It's not really that warm out, Ten, the ground is soaking wet and muddy, we cannot really play with the hose.  He thinks it's summer now.  Wulf was running around in the driveway in bare feet when Grandpa got back from fishing, and Ten had just socks on.  They love it, but I told them winter is coming back in a few days.  

Ah well...our day was busy, and now it's quiet, and wow, I'm tired!  Maybe tomorrow I'll take better pictures...have a good night.  :)

6 comments:

terre said...

oh my gosh, i havent dropped by for a while (been neglecting my own blog) and, oh, your grandkids ---- they have multiplied! della, how did i miss all of them? i LOVE some of the names your children are choosing for their babies!!! your home reminds me of mine when my kids were little -- always full of kids and people hanging around. now, since they all live farther away, it remains quiet and clean.....it's not very fun i can assure you! you are most blessed!!!
...terre

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

You will have a very busy day!! We met my grandson from Victoria for lunch and met his girlfriend. What a sweetheart she is. He seems rather smitten I have to say 🥰 We are watching the game by ourselves. Neither of us are that interested, but we will have it on an I will read at the same time 🙄

Lovely pictures…..Joseph’s dog is HUGE and so cute. I just LOVE dogs. Jonathan looks pretty cute too, and so different!

I hope your little soirée this afternoon is fun! It will be noisy for sure!!

Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Terre, hello! Quiet and clean: not too long ago, those words would have summoned up an impossible, elusive picture, something that could only describe someone else's house. My house is not exactly CLEAN clean, just not horrendous anymore, but sometimes...it is SO quiet, so terribly quiet. With Sonja getting married, and Charlotte Claire leaving for a year, there'll be only two kids left here...so too quiet, but then absolutely bonkers, mayhem extroirdinare when those grandkids come bursting in the door. I am thankful for them though, and the joy they bring...because quiet and clean aren't actually all I thought they would be...
Marilyn, I'm happy for your grandson, so nice! And I hear you about the game, not so interested. I do that a lot, read at the same time. Joseph's dog is really cute, dumber than a box of rocks, but obedient and gentle, she's half St.Bernard...and yes, this afternoon will be noisy, and guess what? Sonja has to work the night shift tonight, so she wants us to try to be quiet. um. ?

Linda said...

Such great photos. No winter weather here, it's actually 84*. (DUCKING, LOL)--wishing you a beautiful week.

Marilyn said...

Tell her to get some ear plugs. My daughter works nights and her husband can cut the grass when she’s sleeping and they work for her. She works permanent nights. Not full time, but it seems to be lately they are so busy.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

An American Housewife said...

Blythe looks a lot like Emily. Certainly a resemblance there! If they were out and about, I'm sure Emily would be mistaken for her Mama. :)