summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

well. THAT was a busy day!

It started out slow, just puttering around, then Kathryn texted...and yes, I did want to go to Ollie's with her.  I got Rhys out of the car and brought her in, while Kathryn got Achilles and Jamie.  We stopped in the store foyer to say hello to the big Ollie statue.  Rhys was very interested in him, but also a bit scared.  We wandered up and down the aisles, looking at all the books (I got her an ABC lift-the-flaps book), the snacks (Starburst for Char for Valentine's Day, and Mallo Cups for Cam).  

We went to Walmart for formula and and and, it's always an adventure in Walmart.  It's a big store, and if you are scatterbrained or just not completely organized, you get in a lot of steps.  Achilles didn't like when I dashed away to get some things for the AC party, he thought I was winning the race, because I passed his mama's cart and proceeded down the aisle...no, Grandma!  Come back!  You can't win!

Home....ahh, home...but not for long, we had to get new passports for Charlotte Claire and Camille.  

Just a mere $360.  

We only brought two checks with us, and needed three, so Paul had to go to the post office for a money order.  Never a dull one.

Home again...but not for long, again...Sonja had made pulled pork in the instant pot, so we made some nachos...then it was time for Activity Club.  We were having a party.  Grace had the idea to paint with puffy paint; shaving cream mixed with glue, and food coloring, and we added lots of glitter.  The girls really liked it.  Then the party:  a red tablecloth, pink plates and napkins, adorable mini donuts ($2.02, marked down, from Walmart...they were so cute and little!), Rice Krispie Treats I made with lots of sprinkles, cut with heart and flower shaped cookie cutters...and little conversation hearts, water bottles with different colored straws...just fun stuff.

Home again...and, ahhh...well over 5,000 steps.

THIS fine morning, pool...the out to brekky with my pool friends.  It was quite fun, one of the guys was a farmer, and a bus driver...some of my older kids remember him fondly.  The ladies in the class are a fun group, it's always a nice outing.  

Home...but only to run to the bathroom and pick up Camille...this coming weekend is my Airbnb on the lake weekend, with my sister and five friends.  I am doing the food, so I went to get that today...first, we went to Target, because...wait, do we have to have a reason?  We only bought two bags of coffee, some vanilla almond bark (on clearance), and one box of gluten free crackers.  

Price Chopper:   I bought NY strip steaks for our Saturday night dinner, I knew there would be Valentine's Day sales on steak this week.  Baked potatoes, and salads will go with that meal, we'll have charcuterie for lunch, and a nice big brekky with sausage and bacon, and chocolate chip brioche bread for toast...

Home...ahh, really home, and staying there for a while, if I have anything to say about it.  Dinner:  burgers, salads, some fries in the air fryer (only one fry for me, but oh they are good!).  

Now it's a quiet evening, a very cold one...but so cozy.  I'm hoping to stay home tomorrow too...have a really nice, warm, cozy evening...

1 comment:

Terri D said...

Your food always sounds SO GOOD! Hoping you get your day at home and can relax a bit!!