summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

what even happened to Monday?

 Today we had an unseasonably warm February day, 70 degrees.  

We went to the playground/park near the river...I've always called it Goose Poop Park, Achilles liked that.

Camille with Jamison...
Rhys


We also went to Target, for a new bra for me and a package of chicken breast, some Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, some seltzer, Peet's coffee..then I ran into the grocery store for some donuts, and Coke Zero...we're having a few of Jon's friends over for dinner tonight, so I needed a quick dessert.  I made a big pot of beef stew this morning in the crockpot.  Last night, I made a really good chicken soup...with noodles on the side.  

Anyway.  I got to push Jamie in the cart today, and feed him Goldfish.  He liked holding the bags of coffee and the seasoning.  He smiles at people and waves when they say hello.  I keep a running commentary with him, he always answers...even if we're saying muh-muh-muh and da da da and eh...eh.  

Our weather here is just wild...tomorrow, it'll get rain then get really cold, from 60's to twenties, flash freeze...then snow, possibly 8 inches on Thursday...then sunny and warmer on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, back into the sixties...up and down, Darius said that's why it's Mother Nature, because women are so up and down...it WAS funny...but shh, men have mood swings too.  

Ah well...time to get up and get moving again...the old kitty is on my arm, purring...it's even harder to get up...we've always made allowances for those who have a cat on their lap, no, they don't have to get up and let the dog in or our, or go get the remote, nope, they have a cat on their lap.  

Dang, Orange Guy just jumped up here, and Kettler (old kitty, his mama) swiped at him a few times, he jumped down, then she got down...so off I go...

4 comments:

Terri D said...

LOL... I chuckled at your cat on the lap excuse. Here it is called COL. Sorry, I have COL and can't move right now. Every time you mention Target, I think that I need to go wander through ours. It's been ages since I went to Target. It is less than three miles away. I could walk there if I was really motivated. Ha! Always a fun visit here, Della. Hugs.

Mari said...

I've been to a few goose poop parks in my time. :) Always fun to try to avoid that!
Kids look like they had fun.
Did you have success in the bra shopping? It's such a pain!
The weather here is crazy too. Today it hit 74, tonight they predict thunderstorms and then freezing in the morning with snow tomorrow... And I have to drive to work tomorrow so I hope it's not icy!
Have a great week.

Marilyn said...

Good morning!

Yes strange weather everywhere! We have GMA on in the mornings and the weather is wild! Ghastly fires in Texas 🥺 Weird here too. It’s -18 C here at the moment. Last night at 1.30 the graders were going up and down our street till almost 2! 😳 We had a huge dump of snow on Monday. Biggest snow fall for about 2 years they said.

That’s funny about the Goose Poop Park. There are LOTS of those here. Some of the golf courses are awful!! Stanley Park in Vancouver was just revolting the last time I was there. Such a shame. The kids look like they had a good time with grandma and Auntie Cam 🥰 They are so adorable.

I like the cat in the lap!! That would work.

Well I should haul myself out of this big comfy chair and get in the shower. I hope you have a great day! 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, don't wander around Target! It's dangerous. :). But COL, yes, that's good. Mari, I hope you have a good commute, it's not looking good. Here, we're supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow morning, which is strange because it's almost 70 today, but so windy. Winter is ALMOST over though...:)