summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

busy day...

Utter redundantcy, that is what the title of this post is......I took the kids to play at the gym at our church....they ran around with their friends, played volleyball, basketball, shared the ride-ons, and did gymnastics and had hot dogs for lunch. I then had an errand to run in a small city nearby. Off we went, a vanload of kids and I. It was there that I discovered that my credit card is not in my wallet. There is a simple explanation, of course. It seems that Camille was playing in my purse the other day, said Suzanne, and she removed all the cards from my wallet. Suzanne so nicely put them all back in. Or so she thought. I am offering rewards for whoever finds it, but no finders yet. It made my little escapade a bit harder, as the van is almost empty and I have yet to pay for gas with a check. I hope we don't have to resort to flipping the couch...we'll find too much other stuff under there.

One of our stops was a WalMart Supercenter....and after running around in the gym for 3 hours, they weren't even asking to look at the toys. Jonathan did remember to beg for some "D" batteries for the dollhouse....he is getting better in the stores than he used to be....

I bought some pears and peppers, and some stuff for sloppy joes, (oven is still broken).....and some bread and crackers, and some frozen pizza rolls. Walmart is SO expensive for some things. I don't even buy the fancy stuff. Of course, the quantities we go through are incredible, even to me. One bag of our absolutely favorite chips, the Tostito chips with a hint of lime....we have to divvy them out....they are so expensive, I hate buying two bags.....

Well, I need to go make dinner....ha, what did I think, coming home, and sitting down with a cup of coffee? Charlotte Claire needs to be changed, the table set, a vegetable made..

Oh, I forgot!! I did an amazing thing yesterday, with the thankful help from some of my kids: I cleaned out the laundry room! We took the hampers out to the kitchen, sorted through them (I seem to find the clothes I want to wash, and overlook items in the hampers....then time passes....and well, the things need to be cleaned out...)...then all the stuff on the floor, we cleaned it all up and sorted it....we estimated we would have approximately 20 loads to catch up. Not too bad. I think we can actually do around 12 and be done. It all started with a black metal shelf, overloaded with baskets and clothes draped on it....it started to buckle and bend....then it looked downright dangerous....so, we cleaned out the room, and Mali dragged the shelf outside for me....now, I have to wait for Paul to put up some new shelves for me....it is probably on his list after fixing the stove....the good news is, the parts for the stove did come today. So tonight, yay, fun, he can pull the stove out and get started.....he is such a good guy.

My couch, however, is still covered with clothes....I seriously wanted to stay home and work on it today, but my kids had their little hearts set on going to the gym....so, of course off we went.

Maybe they will be helpful again tomorrow, and we can tackle the couch and continue with the laundry. See, I can do the work myself, but Camille is my shadow.....so it really makes it better if they are around and helping....

Well, dinner.....

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

Yay for an organised laundry room! I hope your oven is fixed really soon too!

mommeeof10 said...

I hate it when appliances don't work. My dishwasher was new in May, this is the second time that the soap dish has been repaired as it would not open. This time they replaced the entire section of the door with the soap dish in it. Thank goodness for 2 yr warrantees on appliances from Costco.

Brandi said...

I hated my time without an oven. It drove me crazy.

Such a busy day! I am hoping for you that the kids are helpful tomorrow also.

AUTISMOMMA said...

And here all along I've been envious of you thinking you were one of those super-moms who is unbelievably organized and makes me wonder how you can do it all with sixteen when I struggle with only two. So now I find out you're more like me than I thought - that is definitely comforting. Well, actually, my laundry room IS super-organized but it's the ONLY room in the house that is and it's my favorite room because of that fact. The rest of the house leaves a lot to be desired. At any rate, congratulations to you! Don't you love moments like when you've finished projects like that and you really feel like you accomplished something for the day?!?

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh my goodness, anyone who thinks I am super-organized need only to talk to one of my kids...they will tell you what I am like...I am so obsessive with some things, but other things, I cannot keep organized....it takes a long time to take care of a load of laundry, and when you are busy with kids and babies day in and day out, it is easy for things to pile up....and I am far from finished....but it does feel wonderful to get the laundry floor all cleaned up. We have SO many pair of clean matched socks now, and hundreds of clean pair of undies.....but you know, when you spend a few days on one big project, the rest of the house goes down hill....and no one else cares too much but ME!!! Oh well.....I'll live.