summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 22, 2009

oh, joy

What brings joy to the average person? What brings joy to me?

1. Oh, the usual mushy cliche things, like kisses from the kids....oh, and it just melts me when they thank me for things......

2. When they apologize for things, especially when I was not being a saint either.....

3. When the older kids read to, hold, cuddle, and help the little ones...

4. Sitting in the sunshine. This one is irrelevant right now, because I won't be doing that for several weeks at least, unless Paul surprises me with a Carribean cruise for our 25th anniversary next month. ha. (I mean, he hasn't told me to get my passport renewed.....)

5. When I start to get riled up, or frustrated, and I say a big NO, and endure the temptation, letting peace reign in the house....

6. When I see my kids do #5.....

7. Bargains. Deals. Coupons.

8. Babies, kids, friends, family.

9. My husband....

10. Thinking about and remembering my late parents.....


Some other things that bring me joy are naps, quiet times, and being at the dinner table with everyone....there are only usually 16 of us these days, but when Ben is there too, it is great. I mention quite frequently how I like the quiet, but that is only because it is so RARE. If I had it all the time, I would despise it. I actually like the sounds of the house, like the bantering and fooling around....Sam teasing Margaret, Mirielle singing to the top of her lungs.....the kids playing the keyboard....Paul on guitar....and Camille saying her newest word, "NO!".... A few minutes ago, she had something she shouldn't have, and I said, " What does she have?" She yelled, "NO!"....she knew we were on to her....

The other night, I thought Abigail was in the kitchen rumpling around....and come to find out, she had gone to bed a long time before....and Camille was out there alone, getting into the aluminum foil and unrolling the waxed paper....oh, she made a mess before I discovered it wasn't Abigail in there making all that noise.

She really needs to get to bed....I need to change her schedule a bit, I think...but then again, it is nice to have her around, the little monster. She is pretty cute. Aaron thinks she looks like a chimp....

1 comment:

Janis said...

I love your #1, especially the thank yous. Especially when it is something you do so often even YOU take it for granted (fixing breakfast, waking them up, etc.). I love that!