summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

rainy day

Suzanne got a day off from school today....she took Jon and Charlotte Claire outside to play this morning. They supposedly stayed in the driveway, as to avoid the mud. Lots of mud found Charlotte Clalire anyway. I am glad they went out already, because now it is raining. I wish we had an astroturf play area, so they could go outside when it is wet and muddy out there. I have some of the windows open, hey 54 degrees is balmy!

Camille....she is at that age, precious but so very busy. She wants everything she sees, she wants to be carried around, she pulls the other kids' hair, she reads books but also rips them. She sees open doors as invitations, toilets are magnets, she comes running when she hears the ice dispenser on the refridgerator. She wants to go outside with the kids, and go bye-bye with the when they go on the bus. She throws her cereal bowl when it still has cereal in it, and she can get a box of cereal out of the bungee-cord closed cupboard, and get her whole arm into it before I can get to her. And sometimes worse, the whole box turns into a smorgasborg on the floor. She rubs her runny nose across my shirt, and takes tastes of things out of her mouth to examine them, getting her little paws all sticky. She sometimes refuses the bite offered, gambling on getting the whole thing. She pinches me, and bites me sometimes. But she also knows how to say MOMMY, Mama, up, kitty, NO, and she says mmmmmmeh when she gives kisses. And sometimes when we pick her up, she does that huggy clingy thing, it is heartmelting. Today she is extra fussy because she has a cold. I am glad to say she is napping. I have to get her up soon, to take her in for a well child check up. When she is napping, Charlotte Claire can play dollhouse in peace, and people can eat things without sharing with her. But when she wakes up, there is always at least one person ready and willing to go and get her out of her new green bed. When she comes out here, it is like sunshine.....

My roast and potatoes are in the crockpot. yay. I swept the floor and did some laundry, plus fed these guys, did the dishwasher, and talked to my sister in law, my sister, my friend Angela, and my brother, on the phone today. When it rains it pours.

I am actually entertaining the thought of taking extra kids to the dr. today, and bringing them to the mall or something, just to get out and stretch their legs a bit. They were so excited about this warm day, and now it is so rainy. Did I mention how much I hate mud? When Charlotte Claire came in all muddy, she totally forgot to stop at the door and remove her boots. When I wiped up the mud, Camille promptly slipped and fell.....

Wow, the octuplet lady has generated more buzz than the new president. I just have to say, money or not, husband or not, God has had His hand on those babies. People think they are so clever, but He gives life. I pray for Nadya, that she gets the help and support she needs to be a good mother to them.

I do not know why I sat down here. Now I have to go through the whole getting-up-and-getting-busy thing, again.....I have stuff in the washer, I need to brush my long tangly hair.....get Camille up and give her a bath....

No comments: