summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 2, 2009

quiet time

Tonight some of the little kids had baths, instead of showers. I bought some really neat bath foam at the dollar store last week, and tonight seemed like the night to try it. It is sort of like silly string, and it is foamy and bubbly. Two of them went first, then three took second shift, and yes, the second ones got clean water. I handed out the bubble bath , I know better than to give them the container.

In between this, and keeping Camille out of the bathroom, I was washing a huge load of socks, and making sure it made it into the dryer. Such exciting stuff, eh?

Today, I was feeling so overwhelmed by everything. There was so much to do....so, I gave out a chore list, the living room got picked up and vacuumed, the bathroom shined up, ect. Aaron even put dinner in the oven for me. What I did was this: I went in my room, sneaked by Camille's little pink bed, which she was sleeping in, and crawled into my nice comfy bed, turned on the electric blanket, and fell fast asleep. I wasn't even that tired, I just needed a break. It was lovely, especially the part where I woke up, and came out here and most of the stuff was done from the chore list.....the dinner was cooking.....I was a happy mama.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I have to comment on the socks. I can never get them to out of the dryer all together. I always have a huge pile of lonely socks..haha! Also, how do you get your children to help around the house? My daughter is 7, plenty old enough to clean up after herself, but sometimes it's an all out battle getting her to put her dirty clothes in the laundry room or make up her bed. Maybe it's only child syndrome.

FLmom7 said...

Glad you got to lay down and take a break for awhile, that's always a good thing;-) I find that giving each kid a small list of chores definitely helps mom feel less overwhelmed, and although they don't do the job WE would do, it's still better than nothing getting done at all, right?

mommeeof10 said...

My kids rarely match socks, though they do make sure the laundry, for the most part, is washed and dried. I sort it, throw their clothes in their baskets and let them either match their own socks or wear unmatched socks. Of course, they know which drawer hubby's socks are in, the only ones I usually match. I borrow his, also. I need to buy more wild colored socks for each child again. It is so much easier to sort them and throw all the spiderman socks in one basket for child #6 and all the power ranger socks into #7's basket.