summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 27, 2009

rainy afternoon....

After dropping off the vacuum cleaner, and embarrassing myself half to death at the sewing maching repair shop (it seems the part I thought I needed for this 1+ year is something that does not exist on my machine....I had assumed that one of the kids lost it, and apparently there never was one there....I thought I needed a bobbin case, but this machine has a drop in bobbin, no case needed.....the part the man ordered, for the second time, was the part that the bobbin sets in, and I explained that I needed the bobbin CASE....no, he said, it doesn't have a case....that model....blah, blah....I felt SO stupid, but he was so nice...) anyway, we stopped at a wonderful place....a bakery. Not a chain, not a supermarket, just a nice old-fashioned bakery. We picked out a dozen donuts, two half-moon cookies, a cherry turnover, an extra donut for Jon, and a cannoli for Mirielle. The girl gave each of the kids, including Mirielle, a nice big cookie, for free. And all of it was only $11.00. Wow. We then stopped at the grocery store....just for some basic stuff. This store sells frozen vegetables, very good ones, for 89cents a lb. bag. So we stock up there. Anyway, we got to the checkout and my fresh broccoli only rang up 8 cents. I pointed it out to the cashier, and it was determined that the scale didn't work....so I got my bananas for free, and my broccoli very cheap...then, we went to the dreaded McDonalds....they liked running around after being in teh van and in the store....Mirielle was quite a sport about it all..here she was speaking through a tube to Jon at the McDonalds....
Charlotte Claire and Camille...






One funny thing today, a lady asked if Mirielle and I were sisters....I, of course, was flattered....Mirielle not so much...it was pretty funny. We decided that she looks 25 and I look 35, ha.
I started this post earlier, but dinner had to be made....so....
Well, I am home with just Charlotte Claire and Camille, the others are all at activity club, and Paul is at a meeting....so I need to go put them to bed.....



2 comments:

Joni said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the pic of Mirelle in McDonalds here - thought you look so much alike, at least thru the pics you've posted!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh they have on matching shirts!!! I LOVE IT.

:) I love reading about your days

but it makes me long to live close to you so much