summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, February 28, 2009

we are such babies...

My husband is guess where: Lowes. He took Sonja K., Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire with him. He went to buy: a vacuum cleaner! Our nice one is being repaired, and he looked around the place this morning, and said, "we cannot wait to vacuum.." I am sort of glad we're on the same page concerning keeping it picked up and vacuumed in here.....

Since he is going to Lowe's, I asked him to buy two of the nice heavy duty shelves he got for the laundry room....he thought one would suffice, and get another if we needed, and I said, PLEASE TWO!.....see, I am going to clean up Miss Charlotte Claire's room today. It is the room at the end of the hall, the catch-all room. She is surrounded by toys. If you know me, you know I love toys. I have strong attatchment issues to old Fisher-Price Little Peoples sets....I need to get rid of some stuff....we still have all the trucks and cars from the older boys, and then they get passed down to Jon....he doesn't need it all....so, I told him we are going to go through stuff today and give some to the poor kids. That made it okay for him. He is as bad as I am about liking the toys.....Anyway, her room has a nice Little Tikes kitchen, and lots of nice playthings, but there is too much in there, and we need a better storage system. It doesn't help that I store all Mr. Jon's clothes on a change table in there, and she pulled them ALL off, all over the floor. Her own clothes are in baskets on a shelf, and in the closet. She also has those pretty strewn around...she must've been looking for something in particular that day!

So, here I go....I hope there will be plenty of willing helpers here to keep Miss Camille out of trouble, and out from underfoot as I get moving on this...they are mostly still in bed, the older kids....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should take before and after pictures, I love doing that it's so satisfying to look at them afterward!
Happy organizing!

FLmom7 said...

I miss the old Little People sets. They were the best toys!

So what kind of vacuum did you end up getting?

Robin said...

I love the old Little People sets, too. I still have my old school house, camper and doll house! I recently saw a retro FP farm in the stores...redone but not quite the same.