summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

quiet time here

Abigail is the only one up besides me. It is deliciously quiet. It is so noisy so often and for so long during the day, I have trouble thinking. I do love the noise, the laughter, silly songs. I sing with Camille now, and she tries to sing along. She can say, "baby", and when I sing a stupid song with that word over and over, she sings with me. Tonight, her and Jon were on my lap with a pile of books, when she spotted Charlotte Claire climb up on Evelyn's lap with some books. There was a book that lit up her eyes, and she slithered down from my lap, and went over there and grabbed it, turned around and ran back over to me. She was so happy with herself. Thankfully Charlotte Claire didn't notice, it spared alot of drama.

Anyway, I don't hate the noise or the kids or the action, I just like the down time all the more, for all the busyness that goes on here....

Charlotte Claire had a late nap, and did not eat dinner with us. She is not a big eater, and everytime I asked her if she wanted some of her dinner, she would answer, "I gust ate wunch!" She finally got to the table and ate with Abigail, at like ten oclock. Sometimes it's very rewarding to let one of them get a little off schedule, and stay up late like that. She likes having our attention, and she just talks and talks. "I'm galking to MOMMY!", she says. Sometimes we let Jon stay up way past the girls, it's the same thing, he relishes the attention.

We watched American Idol tonight. Mirielle likes it, as does Margaret, and I guess Kathryn and Evelyn really like it, too. So much drama! I would rather not have the tv on. We are not the kind of family that just has it on all the time, no just for specific shows, and very few at that. And: we have the remote in hand, and mute it during each and every commercial break. The excessive blaring of commercials is something we don't need here. (And some of those commercials, I just hope they (the kids) don't "get"...)

I like the kind of evenings where there are 10 or 12 or more of us in here. The television is off, and we are just talking. A few people are on computers, some reading, some kids playing, some jumping off things.

Tomorrow: temperature forecast, high 58 degrees!!!!! Yeah! Too bad I have to take Miss Camille to the doctors. I cannot cancel though, as she has an awful diaper rash, and a cold. She has been off balance today, she seemed to fall more than usual, so I wonder if her ears are a bit stuffy. If I had my druthers, I druther be home in the hot tub. I will be sure to go in it later tomorrow......

I am very very thankful tonight that God is so good. I found myself so frustrated and complainy today, and I just kept remembering verses that helped me to endure, and not be a witch. With a capital "B".....Sometimes, people will say to me, reacting to how many kids I have, "you must have the patience of a saint".....oh, I suppose there are some people out there who have more natural patience than others......but come on. I am the queen of impatience. I have no tolerance for anything, especially when it is a certain time of the day, or month, or I have a headache, or I am tired.....yes, always there is an excuse....but NO, God will not send more than I can manage. I just have to change my ideas about what it is to "manage"....He will strengthen me and give me grace and wisdom. I just need to be awake, and recognize when I am going in the wrong direction....when the grumbling starts, then I need to fight it, and be thankful. I need to say NO to all that sin. God will give the victory.


And now I need some sleep.....

1 comment:

T.L. said...

I've been reading the website of your church for inspiration :)
Lately there is a beautiful poem of mother Teresa.. I found her very inspirational in difficult times, I thought you might like reading more of her quotes:

http://home.att.net/~hillcrestbaptist/mt.html